Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
May 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #197 of 947
Quote:
So I wanted to see what people's opinions were.

By bassy....you mean you feel voodoo sound is making your headphone less bassy?
As voodoo sound has a bass boost functionality - no idea for your device...but at least for the i9000 it does.

I mean that the amp needs more power... Bass quality is good

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

May 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #199 of 947
Just had two hours with the S3.

Can confirm USB audio is not working out of the box, despite the presence of the drivers.

More thoughts to come.

May 19, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #201 of 947
Quote:
Just had two hours with the S3.

Can confirm USB audio is not working out of the box, despite the presence of the drivers.

More thoughts to come.

Please keep them coming, we really appreciate your effort and hard work....THANKS.

May 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #202 of 947

OK, managed to string together another few sentences about the S3 for those of you interested in the phone beyond it's audio aspects.

May 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #204 of 947
May 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #205 of 947
nice and flat...very nice!

@NZtechfreak  Still a bit dissapointed you cant comment more on the SQ though seeing as you have heard it, but im sure you have your reasons haha 

May 20, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #206 of 947
Quote:
nice and flat...very nice!

@NZtechfreak  Still a bit dissapointed you cant comment more on the SQ though seeing as you have heard it, but im sure you have your reasons haha 

My reason is that it would be simply dishonest to try and say anything based off the time I had. All I can really say is that it didn't seem bad.

It'll take some hours of A/B listening to get a reasonable read on the S3s audio quality, and anyone who tries to put their opinion out there with any authority based on a few minutes of listening such as I had should not be trusted.

May 21, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #207 of 947
Quote:

My reason is that it would be simply dishonest to try and say anything based off the time I had. All I can really say is that it didn't seem bad.

It'll take some hours of A/B listening to get a reasonable read on the S3s audio quality, and anyone who tries to put their opinion out there with any authority based on a few minutes of listening such as I had should not be trusted.

Totally agree. You can't just give a review for audio quality in a couple of hours. Whenever I've tried to do that I always need to edit/supplement my initial review within the next couple of days/weeks.

I just hope that wolfson gets done justice. And I really really hope the US version still comes with the wolfson.

May 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #209 of 947
Quote:
Anyone know what the output impedance of the phone is? I've got a galaxy s infuse and the output impedance affects my IEM's - TF-10.

TF10 is 32ohms, not something I would call high impedance. Though it may help, any modern smartphone shouldn't need an amp.

to answer your question....sorry I don't know the exact number but you shouldn't worry

May 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #210 of 947
Quote:

Oh...do you not have it anymore? Was it like a demo for an hour or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back