Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
May 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #46 of 947
To the person asking about the HTC One X DAC - which version of the One X are you talking about?

The DAC isn't known for any of them, but I have the international One X and the sound quality is bloody average. The AT&T One X uses the Krait S4 and it's likely to have better sound quality than the international One X going by the the audio quality of the One S which also uses the Krait (GSMarena have RMAA recordings for both, FWIW). Even that is very likely going to be inferior to the S3, especially once Supercurio releases Voodoo Sound for it. If sound is the key differentiator for you then the choice is very likely going to be straightforward, although as others have said it'll be a while before we know for sure.

In relation to TouchWiz, as others have said, just replace it with a launcher from the Market, I use Nova myself (Apex is good too). I've never understood why people factor in the stock UI so strongly in their phone buying decisions when it comes to Android phones when you can just change it.

May 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #47 of 947
Quote:
To the person asking about the HTC One X DAC - which version of the One X are you talking about?

The DAC isn't known for any of them, but I have the international One X and the sound quality is bloody average. The AT&T One X uses the Krait S4 and it's likely to have better sound quality than the international One X going by the the audio quality of the One S which also uses the Krait (GSMarena have RMAA recordings for both, FWIW). Even that is very likely going to be inferior to the S3, especially once Supercurio releases Voodoo Sound for it. If sound is the key differentiator for you then the choice is very likely going to be straightforward, although as others have said it'll be a while before we know for sure.

In relation to TouchWiz, as others have said, just replace it with a launcher from the Market, I use Nova myself (Apex is good too). I've never understood why people factor in the stock UI so strongly in their phone buying decisions when it comes to Android phones when you can just change it.

The international unlocked version, and thank you.

May 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #49 of 947
Quote:
What does Voodoo sound actually do?

May 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #50 of 947
Quote:

Thanks to Totally Dubbed's videos, I've gone from stock SGS to DarkyROM and CM7 in the last year. His videos are the easiest way for a novice (like me) to start playing around with the phone. THANKS! 

May 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #51 of 947
Quote:
Thanks to Totally Dubbed's videos, I've gone from stock SGS to DarkyROM and CM7 in the last year. His videos are the easiest way for a novice (like me) to start playing around with the phone. THANKS! 

No problemo amigo :)

I'm planning to do the same with the SGS3 :D!
Got ma JIG ready...no seriously - I got my jig with me.... 
tongue.gif

(Each time I say JIG, it makes me think of that link hehe)

May 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #52 of 947
Is anyone else annoyed that its a 4.8" screen...I love the 4.2" of my SGS2 and any larger will be way too big IMO...wish they kept it at 4.2" perfect size for me 
frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info Dubbed
I'm tempted with this phone but I really hate Sammy's TouchWiz. I could always get whatever Android handset I choose rooted but with my luck I'll probably brick the silly thing.

Yup you got it...just root it and get rid of that crappy Touchwiz, my SGS2 is just so much better without it LOL, and honestly there will loads of youtube videos and tutorials around on rooting it and if you follow it to the T the chances of bricking your phone are sooo slim...also its not like if you make 1 mistake thats it youve bricked it, you will just have to start the process over, its actually very, very rare that someone actually bricks their phone, its incredibly hard to do! Been flashing ROM´s on android for the last 5 years 
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #53 of 947
I will send my fiio e17 and a usb OTG cable for testing as soon as someone gets their hands on it, NOT FOR KEEPS, but for testing, of course,

Kojaku

May 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #54 of 947
Quote:
I will send my fiio e17 and a usb OTG cable for testing as soon as someone gets their hands on it, NOT FOR KEEPS, but for testing, of course,

Kojaku

I have an E17 and will get the S3 at release (in fact possibly even a couple of days before via my blog contacts). Will advise if it works.

The blog will have one of the best reviews on the internet for the S3 too, just like it did for the Galaxy Note, and also have one of if not the most user friendly Root guides too.

May 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #55 of 947
Samsung Galaxy S3, secrets revealed: Battery life, exFAT......................

exFAT support

One tiny aspect of the S III announcement that caught my eye was the specific mention that the S III supports micro SD cards up to a 64GB capacity. Now obviously this is not news to me, I've been using 64GB cards in my Android devices since a few days after they were released. The noteworthy thing here is that it's the first time an OEM has actually said their device supports more than 32GB cards. The reason? The S III has a proprietary Samsung exFAT kernel driver, as revealed by Supercurio's analysis. It might not be immediately apparent, but that's very good news.

Finally, unadulaterated support for SDXC​

You see while the 64GB micro SDXC cards work in basically every Android device, they generally only work when formatted to Fat32 rather than the SDXC standards native exFAT formatting system (several devices on ICS work with them formatted NTFS now also, but as a general rule Fat32 is the only option). The problem here is that when you use of these cards Fat32 formatted you impose a 4GB file size limit on them, which can be hassle for transferring HD video to your device, and even worse you curtail the stellar read and write speeds available in the SDXC standard. I for one can't wait to format my 64GB card to exFAT for unrestricted use in my S III.

May 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #56 of 947
That looks familiar :)

exFAT interests you?

May 9, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #57 of 947
Quote:
That looks familiar :)

exFAT interests you?

Yeah, for sure! better file handling, more space better allocation , faster read/write...Why are you surprised?

May 9, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #58 of 947
Quote:
Yeah, for sure! better file handling, more space better allocation , faster read/write...Why are you surprised?

I wasn't sure how much people would appreciate it on a wider scale is all (obviously I do since I wrote about it in the piece you linked to).

May 9, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #59 of 947
Quote:

I wasn't sure how much people would appreciate it on a wider scale is all (obviously I do since I wrote about it in the piece you linked to).

LOL...............Thank you, hope you didn't mind me linking to it......
biggrin.gif

Have been waiting for exfat support since the day microsdxc came out!
I have a DX100 (from ibasso) and I had to inform the users that it supports 64GB, just needs formatting to fat32, but I did not want to be the bringer of bad news, as after formatting it to fat32, I noticed a big change (decline) in write speed.
Hope others will follow, but I doubt it.

I got the Note and thinking of updating/downgrading to S3, do you advise me to do so?

May 9, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #60 of 947
Quote:
LOL...............Thank you, hope you didn't mind me linking to it......
biggrin.gif

Have been waiting for exfat support since the day microsdxc came out!
I have a DX100 (from ibasso) and I had to inform the users that it supports 64GB, just needs formatting to fat32, but I did not want to be the bringer of bad news, as after formatting it to fat32, I noticed a big change (decline) in write speed.
Hope others will follow, but I doubt it.

I got the Note and thinking of updating/downgrading to S3, do you advise me to do so?

its a waste of money i mean the note isnt a bad phone..... and the S3 dosent have a stylus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back