Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
May 4, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #16 of 947
May 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #19 of 947
My Samsung Note just started  vibrating, without an incoming call, message, email or reminder.....nothing just vibrating...I wonder why?????  
wink_face.gif

May 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #21 of 947
Quote:
is it a joke? lol

If not, then what have you done hehe

It's confirmed by the technician....The Note was shaking (not vibrating) of fear of being replaced...

May 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #22 of 947
Quote:
Basically everything one needs!

Price is a little steep in comparison tot he HTC though.

£450 vs £600.

Crap. That's expensive. Will wait and see what prices are like here in Hong Kong.

May 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #24 of 947
Quote:
Hopefully USB audio would work for this new phone!! If it does then it may actually tempt me to get away from my SGS2.

Well...it has a wolf chip - that should already win you over from the s2 lol.
USB audio, might be nice via LOD, but if you have wolf + voodoo sound = win

Quote:
It's confirmed by the technician....The Note was shaking (not vibrating) of fear of being replaced...

oh dear :p

Quote:
Crap. That's expensive. Will wait and see what prices are like here in Hong Kong.

well yeah :/

on amazon.de however it's 600€, which is around £480!

May 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #25 of 947
Pardon the mess of questions but I just ran across this thread and I'm in the market for a new phone. anyone here know when this will be released in Canada and will this handset have Sammy's touchwiz? I'm asking because I'm not to fond of touchwiz and I'm hoping it doesn't so I don't have to scrounge the net for a good ROM to root the handset and install straight up Android?

May 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #27 of 947
Hi,

Does anyone know what DAC the HTC One X has? I am due to upgrade from a Galaxy S2 so it would be useful to compare the HTC One X and S3 from an audio perspective.

Cheers,

Martyn

May 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #28 of 947
Quote:
Galaxy S1 & S2 didn't have a replacable battery & sd slot... Oh yeah..

Huh?

Quote:
Pardon the mess of questions but I just ran across this thread and I'm in the market for a new phone. anyone here know when this will be released in Canada and will this handset have Sammy's touchwiz? I'm asking because I'm not to fond of touchwiz and I'm hoping it doesn't so I don't have to scrounge the net for a good ROM to root the handset and install straight up Android?

This will have TW4.0.
It will be running on ICS.

May 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #29 of 947
Quote:
Does anyone know what DAC the HTC One X has? I am due to upgrade from a Galaxy S2 so it would be useful to compare the HTC One X and S3 from an audio perspective.

You might have to wait 2 or 3 months, before:
1. the s3 comes out
2. someone actually has both
3. some actually knows what they are doing and compares them.

May 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #30 of 947
Quote:
You might have to wait 2 or 3 months, before:
1. the s3 comes out
2. someone actually has both
3. some actually knows what they are doing and compares them.

Thanks, my question was concerned with specifications only; whether the HTC One X has a similarly specified DAC or not. I see that the HTC One X has the words 'Beats Audio' emblazoned on the rear so hopefully this 'enhancement' can be disabled. The audio quality of the S2 has been hindered by the Yamaha DAC which (on my S2 at least) causes a faint hiss when used with IE80 or M-80 headphones. This doesn't occur on my iPod Touch 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back