Woehoew!! Finished my New Site!
Apr 17, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #62 of 84
008.jpg

i wish you luck taking a more awesome picture than that.
biggrin.gif

i love your site; it's really making me want to... go outside. or visit new mexico again, and using my crappy photography skills to take pictures of the white sands. you're talented; if i were an amateur photographer i'd be green with envy.

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #65 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wauw, nice compliment!! I normally don't do weddings but I might just make an exception for you lol! Anyways, congrats with your weddingplans!

I'll keep you in mind. There's a guy in Colorado that has a similar style, but I don't think his photog is as good as yours. But he's also a forum "friend", or whatnot.

http://www.andrewtonkery.com/

It's funny, the wedding is going to be on the beach with alot of white, but I want a darker style for good contrast....your photog is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Keep it up man...I definitly dig your style. Sick website too!

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #66 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll keep you in mind. There's a guy in Colorado that has a similar style, but I don't think his photog is as good as yours. But he's also a forum "friend", or whatnot.

That's ok. He has some good photos also, though not my style imo.
But has some real nice pics of people, nice set-ups and colours. Thanx for sharing!
[/QUOTE]

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #67 of 84
I think what I like best about your art in general is the lighting. There's just something moody and secretive about how the colors look in it. I especially like this portrait.

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #68 of 84
Well, I made some more for my school containing hps so I thought it would be nice adding them to this thread. The text will be unreadable since the pics are quite small. The text says: "Escaping The Imposed". The final print will be around 70 cm by 1 meter so no probs with the readability of the text then. The final pic will be the one on the stairs, since on the first pic the light came from above wich gave me problems with the text falling in a shade. And the final pic will also be analog. These are the digital tryouts.So here we go....

Nr2082-finalbrug.jpg

Nr2101-finaltryoutrap.jpg

Nr2101-finaltryoutrapzw.jpg

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #69 of 84
Well, had another update on my site. On the first page is the biggest change ("conceptuelles" has also changed a little). I tried to add a little commercial aspect to it....that is not my strongest part. i HATE that but do want to make a living out of it in the future so I am kinda obliged to do such a thing.
So, anyone, what do you think of my added "commercial aspect". Things that could have been better or different or do you think it is good like that??
Maybe to harsh sounding when I say I won't be "compatible" with everything..?
Never done anything like that. Spend a whole evening trying to figure out like 5 lines of words to define what i would like to do in a compact way
redface.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #70 of 84
I would let your photography do the talking. Your honesty there is admirable, but you would do well to get people sucked into contacting you first... as you mentioned, let your photos speak for themselves! Then they can discover if you will "fit" their needs. Your photography is unique and striking. I don't see you having issues getting freelance work whatsoever. That said, I would avoid using the term "commercial". It may do you well to keep a simple link to your contact info for bookings, etc. instead of having a paragraph written up like that. Why not let a prospective client speak to you first, and then let them know that you will not compromise your creative vision?

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #72 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would let your photography do the talking. Your honesty there is admirable, but you would do well to get people sucked into contacting you first... as you mentioned, let your photos speak for themselves! Then they can discover if you will "fit" their needs. Your photography is unique and striking. I don't see you having issues getting freelance work whatsoever. That said, I would avoid using the term "commercial". It may do you well to keep a simple link to your contact info for bookings, etc. instead of having a paragraph written up like that. Why not let a prospective client speak to you first, and then let them know that you will not compromise your creative vision?

You may be right about that. To skip the paragraph would make me feel more comfortable since I am not really fond of that "commercial" bs.
Your link for further info AND bookings is something I hadn't thought about putting it that way...
I'm just having a hard time promoting my work, I am a little shy when it comes to stuff like that. I have send around emails in Holland to galeries in order to find places that are willing to show my stuff, but all I receive is, nice work, we'll get back to you...and nothing after.
Problem is also time, I work a lot wich gives me a decent paycheck each month wich allows me to spend money on my photography...but it also takes away the time to work on it.
And I am starting to feel a lttle unsatisfied by my normal dayjob so it's time for a change I think. I am getting tired of all these boring people to serve each day, although my job is in the photography-bizz.
I also have to graduate from school this year so there are multiple things keeping me occupied, while it is a good thing, that last thing.
Aahhhhh, we'll see. Have to go to work in a couple of minutes so
rolleyes.gif

I'll work on my site later today. Thank you for your input
smily_headphones1.gif
Suits me better than my paragraph ow...and sorry for the ramblin
wink.gif
Am looking forward to my holidays
icon10.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #74 of 84
Indra, here's an example of what I mean by keeping it simple. This is my friend's site (and he certainly has a different style compared to yours), but it's nice and simple; basically just a gallery, with an option to contact him.

It may seem a little counter-intuitive to have such a non-descript "advertisement" that you are available for booking, but he does well for himself as a freelancer. Ultimately, they get in touch with you based on the qualities of your work, and you can negotiate terms from there!

Your style is distinct. I'm much like you and have a hard time feeling good about "selling", but because your style is what will ultimately draw prospective clients, I would be surprised if you'd have a tough time maintaining creative control. Remember, they're reaching out to you because they like what you've done and will probably want it repeated.

http://www.photoderek.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back