Within Temptation new album, Anyone?
Apr 6, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #17 of 36
I like mostly "Shot in the Dark", that's definitely the best track on the album for me which sticks out a little, the rest are good but nothing special.

I miss the older Within Temptation's tracks with more character to it such as Frozen, The Howling, Forgiven, Memories, Stand My Ground, Angels, What have you done and alike.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #18 of 36
I really like the album. Its different, definitely different, but I think a success nonetheless. Diggin' the guitar shreddage for sure!

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #19 of 36
I just love listening to Sharon sing so I obviously like it lol

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #20 of 36
Since I received the album yesterday, I've listen to about 4 times now. I will say it's definitely different compared to the rest of their albums. I personally like the album and how it sounds. I do miss some of Sharon's slower songs, that is what's missing in this one. But overall it's been a joy listening to it to far. 

And I also love Sharon's voice, she's my favorite. 
dt880smile.png

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #21 of 36

Quote:
And I also love Sharon's voice, she's my favorite. 
dt880smile.png

+1. She could put out an album where she sings the phone book and I'd buy it 
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #23 of 36

Quote:
lol
what about their videos? i have been watching them at youtube...they have nice stories. 

I watched one of their DVDs because my teacher brought it in, and she did some weird hand movements throughout the whole thing. They were VERY distracting 
biggrin.gif
 Other than that, the performance was epic and I think Sharon's voice is just as angelic live as it is on their albums. 

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #24 of 36

Quote:
I watched one of their DVDs because my teacher brought it in, and she did some weird hand movements throughout the whole thing. They were VERY distracting 
biggrin.gif
 Other than that, the performance was epic and I think Sharon's voice is just as angelic live as it is on their albums. 

Yea lol she did the same hand waving thing when I saw them live. It was a little weird but it was an awesome performance

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #25 of 36

Quote:
Yea lol she did the same hand waving thing when I saw them live. It was a little weird but it was an awesome performance

Hah! It definitely looks like she is on drugs when she does the hand thing, even though I'd bet cash she isn't.

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #27 of 36
I'm liking it quite a bit. Yes, kind of anthemic, but WT has always been kind of that way. They describe themselves as symphonic rock, not goth metal, and I think that fits. So far "In The Middle of the Night", "Fire and Ice", "Where is the Edge", and "Lost" are my favorite tracks.

Apr 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #28 of 36
I like soo much this new album, i think the group goes one step forward. Their music sound different with quality (better IMO).
My Album's favorite song it's "Lost". Really amazing...

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #29 of 36

I really like this 2005 DVD of them the most! The Unforgiving is a great album of guitar work. I don't remember leads like that before. The sound that they have is unique among metal really. It mat be in the middle of a different style between goth and symphonic with something extra that I can't put my finger on. We are lucky to have such a nice album as well produced as this one is. A couple of years ago I would have never listened to this soft metal but now it's cool, hand gestures and all!
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #30 of 36

Quote:

I really like this 2005 DVD of them the most! The Unforgiving is a great album of guitar work. I don't remember leads like that before. The sound that they have is unique among metal really. It mat be in the middle of a different style between goth and symphonic with something extra that I can't put my finger on. We are lucky to have such a nice album as well produced as this one is. A couple of years ago I would have never listened to this soft metal but now it's cool, hand gestures and all!
tongue.gif

i should buy that, i definitely think that The Silent Force is their best cd, and not by a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back