Wishing Steve the Best
Jan 17, 2011 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
Steve Jobs just announced that he is taking a medical leave of absence to focus on his health. No further details in the AP release but this isn't good. He is a workaholic and wouldn't withdraw again unless there was a good reason.

Here is hoping for a positive outcome.

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 12
hope he doesnt die. apple is gonna crumble without him.

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #3 of 12
Apple has had lots of time to prepare. This drama has been ongoing. Nonetheless he is uniquely visionary. It would be everyone's loss - he drives every company in the computer electronics market to do better.

Let's not count him out yet.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 12
I also wish him the best. Steve (and Woz) have been heroes from the time I first touched an Apple ][ back in the late 70's.

I do think Apple will be fine in his absence. Looking at the tea leaves, it seems that Apple has a vision and roadmap for the next several years. Keep in mind that Apple is far too big for one man to run. Steve is the iconic figurehead, but a huge amount of credit goes to Apple's management. Also, Apple was just fine during the other absences. Still, I want to see Steve improve and come back.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
I also wish him the best. Steve (and Woz) have been heroes from the time I first touched an Apple ][ back in the late 70's.

I do think Apple will be fine in his absence. Looking at the tea leaves, it seems that Apple has a vision and roadmap for the next several years. Keep in mind that Apple is far too big for one man to run. Steve is the iconic figurehead, but a huge amount of credit goes to Apple's management. Also, Apple was just fine during the other absences. Still, I want to see Steve improve and come back.

Well said. Best of luck to Steve and his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back