wishing for an audiophile mobile phone
May 9, 2014 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
now I was thinking that I am tired of charging all my gears and each has a sparate use, I really wish to get rid of all this gear and just be able to use one device for all my needs ( calls, music, games, reading, etc )

So I really hope a new mobile phone will come out that will provide all this in one package

May 9, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 41
I had one Nokia N8 , sounded amazing, i still sometimes use it as a DAP, 
but compared to my Lumia 920 and Iphone5 the GUI is very dated, no 4g etc

May 9, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 41
  now I was thinking that I am tired of charging all my gear....

If you use one device especially if its a mobile phone you'll be charging it a lot more, especially if using it for music a lot. 

So consider a couple of wireless charging stations, one at home, the other in the office etc. 

Though I find something like the Sansa Zip saves the battery on phone and and I still have music when the other one is out of battery. 

May 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 41
That is a dream at this point. If you use an amplifier the RF interferance will render it a hiss monster. Of course you could turn off the cellular and wifi but then you have neutered your mobile phone.

May 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #7 of 41
Qualcomm makes the "DACs" as part Snapdragon 801 SOC.

May 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 41
The current state of decent sounding phones is rather sad. Wolfson chips used in s3 and note 2 are not implemented very well to a point that Qualcomm chips in Nexus 5 measures better than those. And the direction which Samsung is going with starting from s4 is really quite a shame, what a waste perfectly good hardware. I recall the recent Sony flagships measured quite recently, the first of the Z series not so much but the later offerings seemed ok. Wolfson audio solutions still has some advantage over Qiualcomm chips driving lower impedance loads though, so when driving those 16 ohm or multiway crossover iem might be something to think about.

May 10, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #12 of 41
Vivo Xplay 3S has DAC and AMP in a neat compact phone with nice specs BUT......

It only has 32GB onboard NAND with no expandable memory.... LOL way to troll potential buyers 

May 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 41
Maybe...

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8_harman_kardon_edition_goes_official_for_sprint-news-8407.php

May 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #14 of 41
Subb'd.  
popcorn.gif

Want Mobile Audiophile phone.  

That is a dream at this point. If you use an amplifier the RF interferance will render it a hiss monster. Of course you could turn off the cellular and wifi but then you have neutered your mobile phone.

How about isolating it?  I thought SNR is pretty good with iphones?  Did they measure with antenna on?

May 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #15 of 41
Always wondered why HTC didn't go all the way and release an audiophile phone.  They have the speakers hardware, just need to choose a decent dac and amp.  They would have this niche market all to themselves if they did that and wouldn't need to compete with all the other phone makers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back