Wireless Headphones
Feb 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

acameron56

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I wanted to get some wireless 'phones but I'm not really sure what would be my best bet. I'm looking at the Senn RS 110/126, but I really don't know anything about wireless headphones. They would be mainly used around the house, but also for work in the woods, so range is important (100 meters is probably fine). Comfort is also important, since they might be worn for long periods of time. For sound, I will be mostly listening to classical at 70's rock. O and my budget is around $40.

Cheers

Feb 18, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 13
Hi,

To give this another bump .... I am using the Sennheiser HDR 30. Cheap and sound ok (ish). I'm not overjoyed with the sound or build but they are very convenient for listening to the ipod without wires around the house.

I would like a better sounding wireless headphone if anyone knows of any decent(ish) ones. I know this isn't exactly hi fi, but the benefits of no wires and being able to wander around is great. (Especially for mp3)

The other thing is that maybe there are some better sounding phones so that we are able to hear the ipod on full sized drivers with better volume than the ipod produces - the Senns boost the volume as well as give me freedom to wander. Very convenient if there is something good sounding out there,

Anyone?

Ian

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 13
Agreed. $40 will not take you far when it comes to wireless headphones.

Regarding working in the woods, I'm not sure how well the RF transmitters will do over 100 meters. Put a whole bunch of trees in between, and you're probably left with not much of an audio signal. I'd recommend simply using an iPod and regular headphones.

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 13
Thanks for the replies
redface.gif
I know the $40 isn't a big budget, but that's why I said around
tongue.gif
, its not really rigid...and I would probably be looking for used anyways. The woods are actually not far at all..maybe 10-15m away and then I only go around another 15-20m in, so it would be more the trees and the wall that the signal would be fighting. My main reason for starting this thread was to hear about some other cans that might work...so far all I know of are the senn's and I'd like to look at some other choices before I make my decision.

Cheers

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 13
A friend of mine bought me the Logitech Freepulse for Christmas. Its wireless and has a 33 ft range. Sound isn't the best, but its not the worst either. Unfortunately, I don't see the price of them lower than $60 anywhere (although I haven't looked on eBay). And for that money, I'd rather find a good pair of wired phones.

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #10 of 13
I havent seen wireless headphones for $40 anywhere before, so if you find a pair let me know.

I bought a pair of RS126 a few months ago because they were on sale and returned them the next day. The reason was, as soon as I opened the box I realized the earpads were made of this weird, cheap looking and itchy cloth material. This is the type of material that makes your ears feel all itchy and hot after 20 minutes of use. I didnt even bother listening to them.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #11 of 13
i have 3 pairs of logitech bluetooth ipod headphones, paid ~20 bucks each. Sound quality is decent, better than cheap earphones but nowhere near good $100 phones would sound. I use them primarily for versatility: they work with any sound & bluetooth source, light, isolating, very little leakage, and fairly comfortable. Yes they all broke at the band, but i patched them up using superglue and some plastic pieces and problem solved.

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 13
Does anyone have more opinions on good bang for the buck wireless (not Bluetooth) headphones?

Am I correct in assuming with the built-in amp, it could play louder than wired headphones from laptop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back