Wireless Headphones £150 max
Dec 2, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #16 of 19
I didn't like them at first, but it was because I had the volume set to the same level I use with my IT01 iem's. Using these I need to put the volume on my S7 edge to max or one notch below. Any lower and it's not loud enough. They are great though at the high volume, very warm tone and good, deep bass. Obviously never having owned a pair of full size over ear headphones, the soundstage is crazy vs iem's.

Maybe I will invest in an amp for them
It's funny, I thought about advising you to give yourself some time with them before posting any impressions. Quite often my first impression of a headphone isn't accurate, so I like to give myself some time before I claim I dislike a headphone OR that it's the best thing ever.
The X2hr does benefit from better amping, but honestly you don't need to break the bank. I have a couple of different desktop amps, and a portable one, and honestly, the portable one makes them sound so good I don't usually bother with the larger amps. For my portable I use the Fiio A3. it's like $60 and sounds great. If you don't need/want a portable, then right now the choice is pretty clear, you need to get the Schiit Magni 3 while it is on sale for $59. That's a steal of a price on a great little amp.
https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-3-1
Man...$160 for a Magni 3 and X2HR, that's an absolute BARGAIN. That is an awesome little mid-fi set up for very little money. I was going to call it a mid-fi starter kit, but you could realistically start AND stop there.

Dec 2, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 19
...If you don't need/want a portable, then right now the choice is pretty clear, you need to get the Schiit Magni 3 while it is on sale for $59. That's a steal of a price on a great little amp.

https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-3-1
Man...$160 for a Magni 3 and X2HR, that's an absolute BARGAIN. That is an awesome little mid-fi set up for very little money. I was going to call it a mid-fi starter kit, but you could realistically start AND stop there.

Yep...the X2's definitely sound nice through a Magni 3

Stop there?...hmmm...interesting concept; never heard of it :wink:

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #18 of 19
The Magni 3 would cost roughly £75 with economy shipping, would there be a customs charge also? Or the Fiio A3 costs £59 from UK stores, then something like the Dragonfly Black costs £69.

It's probably because I've never owned a pair of full size over ears, but why is the cable so long? Oh and I just noticed they have went up to £140 now so that's the deal over. It's great reading messages from owners saying they paid £250 for theirs, what a bargain :D

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 19
The Magni 3 would cost roughly £75 with economy shipping, would there be a customs charge also? Or the Fiio A3 costs £59 from UK stores, then something like the Dragonfly Black costs £69.

It's probably because I've never owned a pair of full size over ears, but why is the cable so long? Oh and I just noticed they have went up to £140 now so that's the deal over. It's great reading messages from owners saying they paid £250 for theirs, what a bargain :D
the cable is a bit on the long side...it's definitely meant to be an at home headphone, but they should have included a shorter version. I use the Vmoda 'audio only' cable it's a little more reasonable length to use with your phone, and they only cost $12.
if you are planning on getting any more headphones that require high power, like planars or 250ohm Beyerdynamics Sennheisers etc, then get the Magni, Thats still a good price for that amp since it's normally $100..... but if you want the best bang for your buck I'd get the A3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back