Wireless Headphones £150 max
Nov 29, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 19
to get better recommendations it's usually best to be a little more specific about things like open or closed back, on or over ear etc.
Having said that, right now Amazon has a black friday deal on the Phillips Fidelio X2 for $99. That is the lowest price I have seen on them ever, it's an absolute bargain on a great set of headphones.
They are comfortable, easy to drive (no amp needed) and they sound awesome.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=fidelio+x2hr&crid=1QT1H4KZ8BD8N&sprefix=fidelio,aps,286&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7

Nov 29, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 19
to get better recommendations it's usually best to be a little more specific about things like open or closed back, on or over ear etc.
Having said that, right now Amazon has a black friday deal on the Phillips Fidelio X2 for $99. That is the lowest price I have seen on them ever, it's an absolute bargain on a great set of headphones.
They are comfortable, easy to drive (no amp needed) and they sound awesome.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=fidelio+x2hr&crid=1QT1H4KZ8BD8N&sprefix=fidelio,aps,286&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7
Totally agree. They are great and at this price they are a steal.

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 19

He didn't specify open or closed but he did say he wanted over ears. Those look great, and I may even purchase a pair for myself! What is the bass like on them? I like a warm sound with impactful bass.
Oh then you NEED the X2 in your life.The bass of the X2 is possibly the best bass you are going to find coming out of an open backed headphone. I don't really pay much attention to headphones that cost more than mid-fi, so there may be some open backed headphones over $500 that have better bass, but below that price, it's pretty much the Fidelios and then everything else. I mean, there might be something from Mr. Speakers or Audeze..... But, for $100 you will absolutely not find another open backed headphone with better bass.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #6 of 19
Oh then you NEED the X2 in your life.The bass of the X2 is possibly the best bass you are going to find coming out of an open backed headphone. I don't really pay much attention to headphones that cost more than mid-fi, so there may be some open backed headphones over $500 that have better bass, but below that price, it's pretty much the Fidelios and then everything else. I mean, there might be something from Mr. Speakers or Audeze..... But, for $100 you will absolutely not find another open backed headphone with better bass.

Thanks!

Consider them purchased :blush:

Do you have any iem's? I currently use the iBasso IT01 and was hoping for a similar sound to those.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 19
Looking for a pair under £100. Could stretch to £150.

These are for a friend.

200.webp

Seriously though...

+1 on the X2 -- great cans at a great price!

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #10 of 19
Lol they were for a friend to start with, but you all have convinced me to buy them myself :D

Does a smartphone drive them sufficiently? I only use my S7 Edge (Exynos) as my source.
another reason why I am currently so hyped about the X2 is that they are really easy to drive, so you are lucky there as well. They are only 30ohms with a 100db sensitivity...what that means is they are easy to drive and relatively efficient. They sound great out of a phone, and if you want to take it up another level in sound quality something inexpensive like the Fiio A3 does the trick. I have a powerful headphone amp that I almost never use anymore because the X2 sound so good without it.

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #11 of 19
I don't know quite as much about bluetooth headsets. I am aware of the Aiwa Arc 1, I actually was a beta tester for them, so I have a set that I still use occasionally. I like them, they sound good for what they are, I'm sure your friend would be totally happy with them...they are out of the price range though. I know they were on Amazon with a promo code that brought them down to $100, which would be a good price for them. You might see if that is still going on....
the problem with bluetooth over ear headsets is you can get bluetooth, great sound and a cheap price...you just only get to pick two of them at a time.

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #12 of 19
another reason why I am currently so hyped about the X2 is that they are really easy to drive, so you are lucky there as well. They are only 30ohms with a 100db sensitivity...what that means is they are easy to drive and relatively efficient. They sound great out of a phone, and if you want to take it up another level in sound quality something inexpensive like the Fiio A3 does the trick. I have a powerful headphone amp that I almost never use anymore because the X2 sound so good without it.

Ooh exciting. I ordered them via Prime so they will be here tomorrow :D

I don't know quite as much about bluetooth headsets. I am aware of the Aiwa Arc 1, I actually was a beta tester for them, so I have a set that I still use occasionally. I like them, they sound good for what they are, I'm sure your friend would be totally happy with them...they are out of the price range though. I know they were on Amazon with a promo code that brought them down to $100, which would be a good price for them. You might see if that is still going on....
the problem with bluetooth over ear headsets is you can get bluetooth, great sound and a cheap price...you just only get to pick two of them at a time.

He said £150 would be his max, I will tell him about those.

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #13 of 19
Dec 2, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #15 of 19
I didn't like them at first, but it was because I had the volume set to the same level I use with my IT01 iem's. Using these I need to put the volume on my S7 edge to max or one notch below. Any lower and it's not loud enough. They are great though at the high volume, very warm tone and good, deep bass. Obviously never having owned a pair of full size over ear headphones, the soundstage is crazy vs iem's.

Maybe I will invest in an amp for them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back