Wireless earphones: do they reach mature quality?
Jul 2, 2020 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spacedrone808

New Head-Fier
Currently i am enjoying music via following ultra portable setup: Nokia PureView 808 + Fii FH5.
Quite satisfied with such combination. My music preference varies from basic 8bit chiptunes to complex electronics like psybient, ambient, triphop or even modern jazz.
Sometimes could go even to rapcore or smth metalish. Love the bass and sound clarity.

So my question would be: Is it possible to achive simillar sound experience with Sony ZX1 Compact + some kind of wireless ear buds?

If is possible please point out your suggestions regarding phones [i'm totall newbie in wireless stuff].

Or maybe Sony ZX1 Compact can't match Nokia808 and i will need to replace it.
Frankly speaking I wouldn't like to do this because of it's awesome small form-factor.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 5
If you want to go wireless you can just keep the FiiO FH5s and pick up the FiiO UTWS1 to convert them to wireless

https://fiio.com/utws1

The ZX1 Compact will be fine as it supports aptX, so you don't need to switch phones

Jul 2, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 5
And what about quality? I suppose there will be some quality drop because of the wireless connection.

Not necessarily, kinda depends on how good your current set-up is, but Bluetooth has gotten pretty good. If there is a drop in quality it should be small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back