Wireless Earphone / Headphones required for iphone 7
Sep 17, 2016 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Yasmin_Khan

Head-Fier
Hi all

I love my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II to bits, I have only bought two of these headphones for the past 12yrs or so.
I have used them for all the iPods/ iPhones during this period. And they only cost me approx. £110 each

I have ordered the iPhone 7 and would like to try headphone and earphones of the SAME quality and calibre.
Please can you point in the right direction to short list a few.

I have chosen the following based on price (£100-£110) and positive reviews on amazon:

- AKG Y50BT Portable Foldable On-Ear Rechargeable Bluetooth Headphones
- Optoma NuForce BE6I Bluetooth Earphones

I think I'd like to try Earphones as well just in case I can get them to sit in my ear!

Are there any other good headphones you recommend that are wireless, on ear and noise cancelling?

I've been spoilt with the Sennheiser but also want to move onto wireless.

Thanks, Yasmin

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 3
Bose QC35 are surprisingly good and far more comfortable

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 3
Of course, the QC35s are like double the price of the two options mentioned by the OP, but "double the price" is par for the course with Bose, so I shouldn't be surprised, right? :)

Anyway, you don't need wireless headphones with the iPhone 7. I have an iPhone 7 and I've been using wired headphones and earbuds since it got here—it comes with an adapter, which works fine.

It seems likely to me that, driven by the demand the iPhone 7 will create, there's going to be a lot more good options in the next year or so. We'll see how it plays out.

I haven't taken the plunge into wireless yet, but I do have a set of MEE audio X7+ on order. I've heard good things about them but I haven't actually heard them just yet, so we'll see. (Massdrop deal on them recently, so at least I'm not out that much money.)

One thing to look for is what codec is supported. aptX is the trendy one, but Apple doesn't support it (there are licensing fees involved, and Apple only charges those, not pays them). SBC is absolute garbage, so you need to be sure that whatever you're looking at supports AAC. I see that the Optoma BE6I do support AAC, so you're good there, but I couldn't find anything about codecs for the AKGs, which is a bit of a concern.

I've also heard good things about the Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT (which do support AAC), but I haven't actually had a chance to hear them for myself (yet). Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back