Wireless Beats
Oct 13, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #16 of 32
Wired or wireless still the same crap. :\

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #19 of 32
Guys, check it out.  The controls are on the headphone!

Easy setup, low power consumption, I haven't heard it but it's sooooo tiiiiight...

Best headphones out there.  I love the red cable though, so I'll probably attach it anyway.  Gotta let everyone know I'm actually listening to tunes, you know what I'm saying?

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #20 of 32

Quote:

It's kinda safe to assume that Monster just put wireless receivers on a Solo HD.

It'll be damn joke though, if they somehow ™ed the word "Wireless".

Sure, that's a reasonable assumption, but until we've heard it, it's still guesswork. Look at how the Turbine series disproved Monster naysayers, and how the Aviators surprised Skullcandy haters. 

Just as we demand that non-Head-Fi'ers don't diss our gear before they've heard it, we shouldn't dismiss a Monster product before we hear it.

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #22 of 32

Quote:
Sure, that's a reasonable assumption, but until we've heard it, it's still guesswork. Look at how the Turbine series disproved Monster naysayers, and how the Aviators surprised Skullcandy haters. 

Just as we demand that non-Head-Fi'ers don't diss our gear before they've heard it, we shouldn't dismiss a Monster product before we hear it.

You have a point there. But seriously? Wireless? Bluetooth at that? I'm trying to be as open-minded here but my basic senses tell me that it's just another marketing gimmick.

Again, I could be wrong.

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #27 of 32
LizardKing1: I agree, but if we disagree with that practice we shouldn't do the same thing in criticising it prematurely. 

Courier: look up my posts, wise guy. I've always been vocal about my criticisms of the Beats Studio--because I've heard it. 

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #28 of 32

Quote:

What's ironic is that there are 5-star reviews in their website and these haven't even been launched...

Thats funny. Beats fanboys are crazy to do that. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #29 of 32

Quote:
LizardKing1: I agree, but if we disagree with that practice we shouldn't do the same thing in criticising it prematurely. 

Courier: look up my posts, wise guy. I've always been vocal about my criticisms of the Beats Studio--because I've heard it. 

I don't think it's the same. Maybe I'm being a bit anal, but to make a review is to give your honest opinion, in hopes it will influence other people's decision. Making a review saying "ZOMFGBBQ these look soooo sweet! U r a real gangsta if you have these!!1!one" for a product that isn't even available is not only moronic, but it goes against the purpose of a review. It's ok to say they look sweet, just not in review form, because those 5-stars add up and give it a 4.5 in the end, when they are a 2.5 at most. I actually put my reviews on delay for when I have the time, maybe I give it more importance than it has, but I think I should have the right conditions to make it.

What we do here is make assumptions. And those are ok, as long as you keep in mind those are assumptions. I'm fine with people saying "the new Beats will probably sound amazing" since that is an assumption, even if not one that I share. We do the same thing in the opposite direction: we say (well, most of us) these will probably suck. Why should we say that about something that hasn't been launched? Well, in my case, I have heard the Beats Solo, Studio and Pro. They all sucked, on the Pro's case they did not suck, but were not a good deal at all. So given that my last experience with every Beats model available was negative, as a rational human being my expectations as to what the new model will be are also negative. It's just the way our brain works. I'm not saying they WILL suck, and I certainly won't make 1-star reviews saying they will, but I will share my expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back