Wireless base station and amp/receiver
Jan 19, 2011 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

threedee

New Head-Fier
Right.

Not sure where to start and where to put this question, so it goes straight into "Headphones fullsize" section.

I've been using wireless digital headphones for the last two years and "wireless" bit kind of grew on me (Philips SBC-HD1500u).
Now that the phones themselves started to fall to bits after everyday heavy wear, i need a solution for replacement.
I recently bought Sennheiser HD448's and well happy with them. What i'm not happy about is wires.

So it got me thinking...is there a stationary(like plugged into the wall) receiver that can take coax/optical and will transmit
signal digitally (not RF ir IR) to a portable receiver/amp that i can carry around with my 448's connected ?

I like to do my stuff around the house with headphones on and trailing cable is not really an option here.

Any suggestions on how to de'wire'ify my hd448's are welcome. Budget is tight, but i'm in research mode now so doesnt really
matter at this stage, just need to know my options.

Not interested in receiver/amp/headphone combos, seeing how that turned out with my philips set (bah).

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back