Wireless ANC Cans Rated by "Sidetone"/Ambient-Noise-Bleedthrough Controllability (While on Calls)
Apr 6, 2021 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

thisusernamesucks

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to find a set of headphones that enable me to enjoy calls without being bombarded by the background noise of my environment, but most reviews of headphones I encounter are not so comprehensive that attention to this aspect of call quality is given. What I want is the same quality of noise cancellation while on a call as I experience while listening to music. I imagine that I'm not the only person who values such consistency in noise cancellation; so I create this thread for the benefit of all who want straightforward insight into this feature as it relates to the array of cans on the market.

So, for any sets of wireless ANC headphones you have, please list the model name/number and indicate and elaborate if necessary on how they deal with background noise while you're on a call.

I'll start:

Sony MDR-XB950n1: call quality ANC identical to media-playing ANC. Background noise is not transmitted through headphones. No option to make it do so either.
Sony WH-XB900n: call quality ANC inferior to media-playing ANC. Background noise emitted from speakers. Cannot disable.
Sony WH-WH1000XM4: call quality ANC inferior to media-playing ANC. Background noise emitted from speakers. Cannot disable.
Definitive System Symphony 1: call quality ANC identical to media-playing ANC. Background noise is not transmitted through headphones. No option to make it do so either.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 2
AirPods Pro. Nothing is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back