Wireless Adapter for SA6
Oct 28, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #196 of 254
I am still a bit peeved with the skipping issues.

had the iPod and W1 in my jeans pocket, and earphones on, and skipped so much, was like the data was getting lost
frown.gif

v sad

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #198 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jeans pocket is no go in my experience
try back pack or jacket pocket

Wow. Seems pretty crappy if it can't transmit reliably through a pants pocket...
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #200 of 254
I have 2 freepulse 2.0's (logitech sent me a free one by mistake and told me to keep both). They both constantly lose signal. There are, however, tons of electronics around my house.

My W-1 should be here soon. I'll post right when it comes.

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #201 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Seems pretty crappy if it can't transmit reliably through a pants pocket...
frown.gif

actually the pants pocket is not the issue , the skin is. After doing some research I founded out it's a know issue not sleek specific. There are a few scientific articles on the web studying the body absorption of HF radio wave.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #202 of 254
Quote:

actually the pants pocket is not the issue , the skin is. After doing some research I founded out it's a know issue not sleek specific. There are a few scientific articles on the web studying the body absorption of HF radio wave.

Hm. Interesting stuff. Sadly, here, the outcome remains the same: no wireless transmitter for me (unless, of course, I can find a way to eliminate my body from the equation...
wink.gif
).

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #203 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm. Interesting stuff. Sadly, here, the outcome remains the same: no wireless transmitter for me (unless, of course, I can find a way to eliminate my body from the equation...
wink.gif
).

Aluminium pantyhose? Maybe they could be sold by Sleek as an optional extra!

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #204 of 254
apitheless if you want to go wireless with the sleek you could:
1) find a more powerfull Kleer transmiter (they are all compatible ) your boddy will absorm more nrg but there will be also more nrg remaining
2) place your transmiter elsewhere: Jacket back pack etc (probably better for the testies
tongue.gif
)

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #205 of 254
Quote:

apitheless if you want to go wireless with the sleek you could:
1) find a more powerfull Kleer transmiter (they are all compatible ) your boddy will absorm more nrg but there will be also more nrg remaining
2) place your transmiter elsewhere: Jacket back pack etc (probably better for the testies
tongue.gif
)

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, but it's a no-go for me. Regarding suggestion #1, there's no way I'm going to lay down my cash for the Sleek W-1 and another product's Kleer system, then cannibalize each of them just so I can use my player like I normally do. As for #2, while I'm fine putting my player in a jacket pocket when I'm wearing a jacket, I need the option of using my pants/shorts pockets when I have no jacket (e.g. in warm weather, indoors, etc.). Backpacks won't work for me since I want quick access to the player (i.e. I don't want to go rifling through my bag just to pause, change volume, or skip tracks -- defeats the so-called convenience of the wireless system entirely). I can't imagine I'm alone in this. In conclusion: wired headphones FTW.
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #206 of 254
Hmm... Ive been testing mine for about 12hrs now and Im not having the skipping issue. I did get it to skip when in my front pant pocket, transmitter facing my leg (it was working fine at this poin btw) and then press my hand over the transmitter and it finally stopped broadcasting. I usually keep it in my pants pocket or my front hoodie pocket. So far it has skipped maybe twice and both times my hands were also in my pocket covering the transmitter.

It is so small and light, I tuck it up under my hat and all you see are the wires from my ear straight into the hat. I can turn my head all around and cant even tell it is there. I love having the player just sitting on the desk or in my pocket while I freely roam around. I ran the treadmill last night with no problems.

Power button for hard shut down is way to small. Soft shutdown is simple. SQ is brilliant and for my ears I can only maybe barely detect any white noise at all, but Im not young anymore, so perhaps Im lucky and cant hear it but Im trying hard lol.

Wish it came with a wall charger.

Wisht the SA6 headphones themselves were a bit more durable. Other then that Im very happy with it so far.

PS I was wearing slacks and not bluejeans, will test that later with jeans.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #207 of 254
pseudohuppy , its not the jeans but the skin
you can do the following experiment:
take a extender jack wire (female/male) plug the W1 to it, then close both your hand on it, you will get skipping.
:
on a side not it scares me a bit with all those wifi / cell phone really are pumping HF waves into our bodies.. before I wrongly imagined that they were just bouncing off..

Nov 2, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #208 of 254
If you guys have the time, try holding onto the transmitter itself and listen to your music. It will skip after 1-2 minutes in. It doesn't happen with anything else though, so I guess our bodies can somehow absorb signals from it?

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #209 of 254
The amount of RF energy that is absorbed (deposited into) human body tissue and the rate at which the energy decreases with the depth of penetration depends on both the type of tissue that the energy passes through and on the frequency of the incident radiation. Radio frequencies below 4 MHz the body is essentially transparent to the energy. As the frequency is increased more energy is absorbed by the human body. At high frequencies (around 1 GHz or more) there is scattering. Increasing the frequency of electromagnetic energy still further the point is reached when the body reflects radiation (visible light).

When radiofrequency waves enter the human body a portion of the energy is absorbed and causes molecules in the body to vibrate. On a macroscopic level these vibrations are what we experience and measure as heat (NIOSH 1987):

if you google human body absorption radio wave you'll find hundreds of web site talking about the topic... http://www.sgha.net/radiation.html
given that the SA6 use the 2,x Ghz band it explains why it has more issue with human bodies than old crappy 400Mhz or 800Mhz wireless headphone.
Depending on how you look at the bottle, either sleek could have made it more power full, other they chose to play on the safe side.

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #210 of 254
Well, I got a new W-1 from Sleek. Thanks so much for sending it.

Unfortunately, the High pitched buzz is present with this one as well. If I do the hold both buttons to switch channels, sometimes it grabs a good channel with little to no buzz, but most of the time it's noisy.

The buzzing happens even when the W-1 Transmitter is not plugged into anything. There needs to be a way to get it to stay locked into a specific frequency channel. Whatever it defaults to has the buzzing noise. After a few, "press and hold" both buttons to cycle through different channels, I eventually get one that has little to no buzzing noise.

It's very annoying to have to keep doing this channel changing procedure every single time they auto power down. The W-1 powers down pretty quickly, so if you have enough a pause between songs, like if you stop playing music to answer a phone call, or something, it shuts off, and then when you power up, the buzzing is back.

Either I am very very unlucky, or the Sleek W-1 is just not ready for prime time yet. I haven't had any experience with other Kleer technology products, so I don't know if it's a defect specific to the Sleek W-1 or an inherent design defect with Kleer audio in general.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back