Wireless Adapter for SA6
Nov 29, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #226 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys the noise floor of any device, is NEVER heard while the music is palying, not even from the WORST boombox...Please being apologist will not solve that problem, I'm anxiously waiting till they fix that problem to jump on the new version...Sorry but that noise should not be there, and should be addressed by them, and removed, and I'm pretty sure they can do it, and eventually they will do it, of course if they decided to do it...

I really think you would need to hear it to understand..

It's like if I have my home stereo on yet it's muted - there's a very very very slight white noise. You know the speakers are on because it's there (you have to be REALLY close to the speakers because that audible white noise doesn't travel far) but there's really nothing to "hear".

Don't know how else to describe it.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #227 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by _PsiFire_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really think you would need to hear it to understand..

It's like if I have my home stereo on yet it's muted - there's a very very very slight white noise. You know the speakers are on because it's there (you have to be REALLY close to the speakers because that audible white noise doesn't travel far) but there's really nothing to "hear".

Don't know how else to describe it.

Nope, my home stereo does not make any noise, at any volume, with or without playing, not on mute neither, unless the hiss comes from the recording...if you have that problem with hte home stereo also, you have another problem there, as you should not have any noise on the stereo neither...

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #228 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, my home stereo does not make any noise, at any volume, with or without playing, not on mute neither, unless the hiss comes from the recording...if you have that problem with hte home stereo also, you have another problem there, as you should not have any noise on the stereo neither...

You have wireless surround that doesn't have white noise?? What brand, I'd love to know.

Nov 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #229 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by _PsiFire_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have wireless surround that doesn't have white noise?? What brand, I'd love to know.

No, mine is not wireless, and it is not surround neither...
confused_face(1).gif

You never stated in any place that you were talking of a wireless surround home setup, and indeed you just said my home stereo...

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #230 of 254
There is no doubt there is a tiny bit of white noise. I can understand why some are bothered by it and I can understand why some dont give a rip. I dont give a rip because the wireless freedom is awsome to me for some of my listening situations.

If I was bothered by white noise I would have thrown the SE530's in the garbage already since they are much worse then the W-1 without a amp to go with them.

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #232 of 254
Got my W-1 yesterday and have only used it for about 30 minutes on my way home from work. The timing was great because the wire has been giving me troubles. Can't really say anything about the white noise, but it was great to be wireless
regular_smile .gif
Will tell you more when i have used it more.

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #233 of 254
It's not just white noise hiss. It's a very noticeable "EEEEEEEEEEEE" buzzing noise (noticeable to me at least). It is loud enough to be very noticeable in quiet passages of music. It's not present in all the channels for the W-1, but it is in most of them, and the one it defaults to all the time. If there was a way to specificially pick a single channel and get it remember it, that would solve this problem.

If you have the buzzing noise, try holding both buttons of the W-1 Transmitter and Receivers, then pressing them again. It should change channels. Keep doing it, and you'll eventually get a more quiet channel. Of course, if they auto power off when they don't receive a signal, there is a good chance you'll have to keep doing the channel changing procedure again. And again.

-Ed

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #235 of 254
I got that electronic EEE noise the moment I plugged into my laptop. But dont seem to hear the noise when just running wireless to my Cowon D2 with or without the fiio or penguin attached.

Dec 8, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #236 of 254
Ok, today i changed the stock bi-flanges to Shure foamies before leaving to work. I used the wireless for about an hour today and still no buzzing noise. I can hear a very silent hiss between the songs, but it doesn't bother me. The W-1 freed me of the wires and the foamies give me more comfort than the bi-flanges.
regular_smile .gif

Ed, What player are you using with the wireless?

Dec 20, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #237 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ed, are you amping. i realised when i had my amp on hi gain i had a lot of buzz (was a mistake), then popped to lo gain and wasnt v noticable

I'm using the HeadAmp Pico with USB DAC. It's amp has one of the lowest noise floor of amps out there. I use it on low gain. So, it's definitely not the amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, today i changed the stock bi-flanges to Shure foamies before leaving to work. I used the wireless for about an hour today and still no buzzing noise. I can hear a very silent hiss between the songs, but it doesn't bother me. The W-1 freed me of the wires and the foamies give me more comfort than the bi-flanges.
regular_smile .gif

Ed, What player are you using with the wireless?

Foobar on my computer fed to my Pico. I've tried the W-1 with numerous other portable players (iPod Mini, iRiver iHP-120, Panasonic PCDP) and the noise is still there. It's not the players, it's the Sleek W-1 that is producing the noise.

-Ed

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #238 of 254
I to have a annoying hissing noise in the background on my laptop, but it's a terrible source. It's dead silent on my iphone. No background noise at all, even with no music playing. Kinda eerie.

Edit: after posting this and going back to my iPhone, with the music off, there actually is some "warm" background noise. It doesn't bother me though as it goes away (at least as far as I can tell) when the music is turned on.

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #239 of 254
I already have the SA6 and love the sound and compact size. I was thinking of buying the wireless setup but from what I can see from the pictures, the flimsy barrel connectors on the Wireless are identical to the ones on the cable. The left barrel connector on my cable has failed after less than a month. And I find that the cable at the barrel connector point becomes less flexible over time (even hard and set in a certain position), which likely adds to this problem. I've read three seperate reports of a left connector failing...maybe there's a design fault here? As the connector is the same on the wireless, I don't see the sense in splashing the cash for something that's going to break after a few weeks/months. No reply from Sleek Audio regarding the problem. Have any wireless users had a problem with the cable from the phones to the main wireless unit?

My question is, why pay 100 pounds (and for that matter, why bother producing a high quality wireless system) when the cable will likely fail within a matter of weeks? For me there's no point using the warranty by sending the part back to Sleek and also paying for return postage (I'm based in Ireland) so I might as well just buy as new from the UK. Very frustrating.
mad.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #240 of 254
Here is my new ultra portable setup...Nuforce Icon Mobile or not plus the Sansa Fuse and SA6 W1 Wireless setup. Note the "super-sized" images gives a large perspective. My portable TTVJ portable Millet Hybrid does not like the wireless setup. I get a hum with it but with everything else these are dead quite.

IMG_1360.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back