Wired Mag: Greatest Gadget of All Time Tournament
Jul 28, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #31 of 47
The greatest Gadget to me was the tv remote. Now the most important tool for mankind would be something completely different...

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #32 of 47
For me it came to the NES vs. the Zippo. The NES won out by a small margin.

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #33 of 47
I might have interpreted things too loosely, but my final four were the rotary telephone (interpreted as the idea of a home telephone), the AK47, The Calculator, and TiVO. Telephone won it all against the AK, as I'd love to think that diplomacy triumphs over force.

Yeah... right.

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ponder the magnitude of change forced upon the world by the simple iPod and the infrastructure and music distribution network around it. The record companies will learn how to play along or they will evaporate. Pretty powerful!

Though the iPod plays its part, I contributed those same effects to that little Rio MP3 player instead.

Jul 28, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though the iPod plays its part, I contributed those same effects to that little Rio MP3 player instead.

It's not just the iPod itself, it's the whole music distribution infrastructure supporting the iPod that has changed the face of the music distribution industry.

Jul 29, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not just the iPod itself, it's the whole music distribution infrastructure supporting the iPod that has changed the face of the music distribution industry.

I quite positive that more tracks have been illegally downloaded than have been downloaded through ITMS.

Jul 29, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #40 of 47
For me, it was between the IBM PC and the sextant. I ended up going with the PC, but I may end up changing that...
confused.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Impossible, I say. My brain exploded on that question, and I gave up.

Ouch, that must have hurt!
600smile.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #44 of 47
I went with the Sextant.

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #45 of 47
Best gadget winner: the RCA CT-100 TV set, 1954.

I did terrible. Forgot about it an never came back to review. My position ended up being 4723 out of 6534, so I'm in the bottom of the third quartile
tongue.gif

Well, one thing is certain: I would have chosen neither the TV nor the Sextant as finalists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back