Wire stripper recommendations
Jun 1, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't find a better deal on ebay. I'll keep looking though. What's the best price you found for them?

For now, I would rather not pay $40 for both of them from Amazon, and I don't think I could get by with getting only one of them. For stranded wire, one does 20-32 and the other does 12-20, and I would almost certainly need both at some point.

One of them goes for a little less on Ebay than the other one. If you can't watch ebay for a few weeks you may have to get one and watch for the other one later. I've got a lot of worthless cheaper ones. Stay away from Chinese wire strippers my friend.

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that thing did smaller wires, I'd get it in a second

It does 22AWG, 24 with a little wiggling. I'm not suggesting it as a serious replacement, of course, but I carry one around on a daily basis and it's amazingly handy.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I strip wire with my butt cheeks.

I did too for a while, but I got tired of the insulation getting "lost" on occasion. And it is NOT fun when foil insulation gets "lost."

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I strip wire with my butt cheeks.

I gotta see that!

Ahhh, on second thought, I'll take your word on it, that's good enough for me...

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juaquin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does 22AWG, 24 with a little wiggling.

You're not talking about the Butt Cheek deal are you?

Ohhh, that's another post!

icon10.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #27 of 33
jkroon: I know you're new here and your input is appreciated..

But try not to double post (two posts in a row) unless necessary. There is an edit button. If you need to add information you can do so that way.

Thanks =)

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jkroon: I know you're new here and your input is appreciated..

But try not to double post (two posts in a row) unless necessary. There is an edit button. If you need to add information you can do so that way.

Thanks =)

The guy only has 10 posts, wait till he has 414 before you start in on him.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #29 of 33
Yes, but try not to edit posts as there is no notification to users that a post has been edited. Now you have suggestions telling you to do opposite things, that is unless some other JackaA5S wants to chime in too.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkroon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say Ideal and Klein are about equal in quality.

My strippers are Klein. I have a lot of other gear thta is Ideal and can recommend them as a company as exemplary also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back