winter music
Nov 28, 2002 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
do your musical preferences change with the seasons as well?with the days getting shorter, colder and wetter, and the nights longer, darker, even colder and wetter still (...) I tend to get more in the mood for smooth and warm music. specially music with an African or "ethnic" mood to it.

top recommendations for the upcoming winter:

Tony Levin - Waters Of Eden
Peter Gabriel - Passion

smooth, relaxed music with a warm ethnic influence.

also, King Crimson - Discipline and Red haven't been out of rolation for more than a week for the past year, but they get extra spins with cold weather
smily_headphones1.gif
and I tend to play more jazz during the winter season.

any more winter-related recommendations/observations/comments?

Dec 23, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 7
Vivaldi, Winter from the Four Seasons
Tchaik 1 ("Winter Dreams")
Schubert, Winterreise
Tori Amos, Winter EP
Sinatra, Summer Me Winter Me
Anything by the Edgar Winter Group

Okay, the first three are serious.

Dec 23, 2002 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 7
"switched on bach" from w. carlos always brings up memories of sitting in my room as a kid, listening to that recording with the fresh snow reflecting white light up onto the ceiling.

Dec 23, 2002 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 7
Wendy scares me. Once a man...one can really get a sense of his/her unique contribution to orchestral music. Tales of Heaven and Hell freaks me right out.

As for the change in seasons....Appalachian Journey...sweet disc...I know winter is here with this spinning.

Dec 23, 2002 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 7
therion, lacuna coil, theatre of tragedy.. They're going to be my winter music. J-Rock/pop stuff like cocco, brilliant green, love psychedelico, that's my summer shtuff!

Dec 23, 2002 at 6:06 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
Wendy scares me. Once a man...one can really get a sense of his/her unique contribution to orchestral music. Tales of Heaven and Hell freaks me right out.

As for the change in seasons....Appalachian Journey...sweet disc...I know winter is here with this spinning.

carlos is a master of synth programming. i actually prefer her version of brandenburg #3 over many traditional instrument performances. right now i'm listening to the "switched on" box set, bach's brandenburg #5. i feel like i should be strolling down a candy-colored mall wearing a stg pepper's outfit. </clockwork orange>

i've always thought grieg's suites were very wintery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back