winter music
post-226329
Post #1 of 7

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
Reaction score
do your musical preferences change with the seasons as well?with the days getting shorter, colder and wetter, and the nights longer, darker, even colder and wetter still (...) I tend to get more in the mood for smooth and warm music. specially music with an African or "ethnic" mood to it.

top recommendations for the upcoming winter:

Tony Levin - Waters Of Eden
Peter Gabriel - Passion

smooth, relaxed music with a warm ethnic influence.

also, King Crimson - Discipline and Red haven't been out of rolation for more than a week for the past year, but they get extra spins with cold weather
and I tend to play more jazz during the winter season.

any more winter-related recommendations/observations/comments?

post-245496
Post #2 of 7

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed a George Winston album cycle ("Autumn", "December", and "Winter Into Spring" from hunting camp in October through Spring break-up in March.

post-245773
Post #3 of 7

zowie

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Vivaldi, Winter from the Four Seasons
Tchaik 1 ("Winter Dreams")
Schubert, Winterreise
Tori Amos, Winter EP
Sinatra, Summer Me Winter Me
Anything by the Edgar Winter Group

Okay, the first three are serious.

post-245815
Post #4 of 7

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
Reaction score
"switched on bach" from w. carlos always brings up memories of sitting in my room as a kid, listening to that recording with the fresh snow reflecting white light up onto the ceiling.

post-246124
Post #5 of 7

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
Reaction score
Wendy scares me. Once a man...one can really get a sense of his/her unique contribution to orchestral music. Tales of Heaven and Hell freaks me right out.

As for the change in seasons....Appalachian Journey...sweet disc...I know winter is here with this spinning.

post-246138
Post #6 of 7

myself, aka me

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
therion, lacuna coil, theatre of tragedy.. They're going to be my winter music. J-Rock/pop stuff like cocco, brilliant green, love psychedelico, that's my summer shtuff!

post-246243
Post #7 of 7

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
Wendy scares me. Once a man...one can really get a sense of his/her unique contribution to orchestral music. Tales of Heaven and Hell freaks me right out.

As for the change in seasons....Appalachian Journey...sweet disc...I know winter is here with this spinning.

carlos is a master of synth programming. i actually prefer her version of brandenburg #3 over many traditional instrument performances. right now i'm listening to the "switched on" box set, bach's brandenburg #5. i feel like i should be strolling down a candy-colored mall wearing a stg pepper's outfit. </clockwork orange>

i've always thought grieg's suites were very wintery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)