Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Feb 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #18 of 266
I think the Hampton is the better option too, plus it would probably be more quiet as well.

I'd be happy to chip in.

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #22 of 266
I would really like to attend this meet. I missed the recent Charlotte area meet, but thankfully this one was linked in that thread. I am new to Head-Fi, so I don't have any equipment to offer (still determining what my likely purchase will be - I do have a Peachtree Nova if needed). I certainly would be willing to chip in for the Hampton as well. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #23 of 266
Meets are great ways to try out equipment and help you focus your search. (They're also great ways to realize what you could get if you spent outside your budget... 
tongue.gif
 ) Meets are not about one-upsmanship and showing off unobtanium.

For me, one of the highlights of the Charlotte meet was Defiant00's sub-$50 Philips Citiscape headphones. If I was in the market for light and portable full-sized headphones, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a pair.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #24 of 266
I have had a couple solid demos at Drew's shop in Cary (Moon Audio), and I have a good idea of what I want, but it would be great to hear a few other combos as well. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #26 of 266
Feb 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #27 of 266
Yeah I found the website.  Very nice, both what he has to offer as well as the website.  it's well laid out, takes you where you expect it will.  I was hoping there was a readily accessible storefront; if there was I would have gone tomorrow to check it out.   Looks like visits are by appointment only.

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #28 of 266
I emailed him to see if I could drop by before closing. He has his cabling business out of the office, and he has a listening room in the back. If you let him know ahead of time what you are interested in, he will see what he has available to demo. I listened to the Audeze LCD3, Fostex TH900, Sennheiser HD800, on the Cary amp and the Fostex amp with my discs. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #30 of 266
Hey guys, really long time lurker. I was a student for a long while until recently and so I could only afford student budget type things. I have been itching to come to one of these meetings when I lived in the Northeast, and now that I live in Winston it appears it would be a shame if I didn't come to one in my back yard. If you would have me that is. I don't have much cool stuff. I do have Alessandros MS-1, and AKG K518DJ. Used to have one that I recabled but the driver bit the bullet. Either way, I am happy to chip in for the venue. Hope I am off from work on that day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back