Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Mar 28, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #2,011 of 4,143
  Man, first my grandpa passed away, then my HE-6 breaks, then my monoblocks break, the roof leaks, washer breaks, find bedbugs in the house, and now I just put my dog down the other day. 2015 has been a rough year so far...
frown.gif

edit: semi-fixed the HE-6, roof is patched, washer replaced, and the exterminator was called, by my amps are still out of commissin

Looks like me and you are both having a memorable year Nathan. Currently, my dad is in the hospital and he's not coming out. He's got cancer and the doctors say he doesn't have long. If that wasn't enough, I'm now single again. She pulled a temper tantrum when I started spending more time with my folks and considering what was going on I really didn't like seeing that side of her. I broke it off a couple of weeks ago. Currently, I'm on bereivment leave waiting for inevitable trying to keep my mom calm through all this.
2015 has really sucked thus far, I feel cursed.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #2,012 of 4,143
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully I've used up enough of the bad luck around here that you don't get the "bad luck comes in threes" thing.

Sucks about the gf, but if that's her attitude at a time when you need support, then you're better off without that in your life.

I hope your father's passing will be peaceful. Prayers be with you.

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #2,013 of 4,143
  Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully I've used up enough of the bad luck around here that you don't get the "bad luck comes in threes" thing.

Sucks about the gf, but if that's her attitude at a time when you need support, then you're better off without that in your life.

I hope your father's passing will be peaceful. Prayers be with you.

Thank you, I'm hoping this slew of bad luck doesn't get any worse. I don't think my nerves can take anything else coming down the pike.

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #2,014 of 4,143
Check it out guys, the new Ether and Cavalli Carbon seem to be sounding more and more like the real deal with a bag of chips thrown in

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #2,015 of 4,143
Was it one of you guys who picked up that Bryston BHA-1 from McCulloch? I was going to head down and give it a listen, then found out it was already sold.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #2,017 of 4,143
It was up on CAM with no price listed. I called a couple days ago and they said $950 (with maybe room to haggle), which isn't the cheapest I've ever seen, but pretty good on our dollar and especially with warranty included from a dealer. I figured if nothing else, I could sell it at minimal loss so it wasn't much of a risk. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #2,019 of 4,143
I haven't heard it, but the BDA-2 is supposed to be quite good. You're heading into multi-kilobuck territory though.

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #2,020 of 4,143
Hey guys, I'm looking for a couple things if anyone has some they'd like to sell me:
- powered speakers (cheap computer speakers will do) with a headphone jack in front that mutes the speakers
- cheap wireless headphones

Basically I'm trying to set up something for my parent's bedroom. Dad watches tv early evening, then goes to bed. Mom likes to watch tv late at night, which wakes up dad. So I'm thinking to set up a wireless headphone for mom, but plugging in something behind the tv is a bit too cumbersome. So I'm thinking plug in speakers for regular use, then whenever mom wants to watch at night she can just plug in the wireless set into the speaker front panel. Can anyone think of an easier setup? (my folks are not technologically adept)

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #2,021 of 4,143
Yo, I have a couple of sets of old Sony wireless headphones I am not using. One is RF the other is IR. 

I just bought a set of Pendulumic Stance S1+ for my mom at the SoCal CanJam for $179.
They said I could get another set for me if I want (I want to make sure my mom will actually use them, don't want to end up with two sets if she doesn't)

By the way I also have a set of Stax 009's now, still waiting on the BHSE, but in the mean time I am thinking of getting the Cavalli LL2 SS, So maybe we should have a mini meet down here in Roseau sometime if you guys want to come listen to them.  We have a very nice meeting room in my apartments I could reserve after I get the LL.
  Hey guys, I'm looking for a couple things if anyone has some they'd like to sell me:
- powered speakers (cheap computer speakers will do) with a headphone jack in front that mutes the speakers
- cheap wireless headphones

Basically I'm trying to set up something for my parent's bedroom. Dad watches tv early evening, then goes to bed. Mom likes to watch tv late at night, which wakes up dad. So I'm thinking to set up a wireless headphone for mom, but plugging in something behind the tv is a bit too cumbersome. So I'm thinking plug in speakers for regular use, then whenever mom wants to watch at night she can just plug in the wireless set into the speaker front panel. Can anyone think of an easier setup? (my folks are not technologically adept)

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #2,022 of 4,143
  Yo, I have a couple of sets of old Sony wireless headphones I am not using. One is RF the other is IR. 

I just bought a set of Pendulumic Stance S1+ for my mom at the SoCal CanJam for $179.
They said I could get another set for me if I want (I want to make sure my mom will actually use them, don't want to end up with two sets if she doesn't)

By the way I also have a set of Stax 009's now, still waiting on the BHSE, but in the mean time I am thinking of getting the Cavalli LL2 SS, So maybe we should have a mini meet down here in Roseau sometime if you guys want to come listen to them.  We have a very nice meeting room in my apartments I could reserve after I get the LL.

I'll send you a pm on the wireless cans.

I think I saw a DIY BHSE on the sale forums the other day if you don't want to wait (it's been how long now... over a year?)

My schedule is a bit nuts right now to handle a road trip, but if it's a month or two down then maybe.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #2,023 of 4,143

I'll send you a pm on the wireless cans.

I think I saw a DIY BHSE on the sale forums the other day if you don't want to wait (it's been how long now... over a year?)

My schedule is a bit nuts right now to handle a road trip, but if it's a month or two down then maybe.

Yeah over a year but the boards just went out to be built. He said this summer for the amp, we'll see.

I was thinking when it gets warmer maybe May or June??

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #2,024 of 4,143
  I haven't heard it, but the BDA-2 is supposed to be quite good. You're heading into multi-kilobuck territory though.

Yeah I know, I saw a BDA-2 on the FS forums though an it started me thinking. What can I say, my minds gone into overdrive looking for stuff to keep my brain occupied since all this Schiit hit the fan. I hear the Yggy DAC made a very good impression at CanJam CA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back