Windows 7 Foobar2000 Information
May 22, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 25
I have ASIO4ALL installed and working with the foobar2000 plugin and Winamp plugin. I am using KS in foobar and KS is not working in Winamp. WASAPI is not working in either program.

I am using Vista32 drivers.

Let me now if you get WASAPI working.

May 22, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is another thread on the forum that mentions the fix, you have to set your output buffer length below 500 ms.

Yup, that did it for me. Dunno why it isn't working for other folks.

May 23, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #19 of 25
fyi, they have updated the foobar wasapi component to address windows 7 compatibility. It is available on the foobar site.

May 25, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #21 of 25
WASAPI 2.1 is working but for some reason Windows 7 seems to be incapable of outputing sound to two applications. If I switch on Foobar then that plays fine but flash video and games have no sound. The same if vice-versa.

Can't get ASIO working either for some odd reason. It plays and is detected in the WDM Device List, giving no error but outputs no sound.

I'm using 7100 RC x64 by the way. Could be I messed up somewhere, or it's a problem with x64, or perhaps 7127 has fixed it for others.

Was fidgeting around in the sound settings and there's a section called "Exclusive Mode", for allowing applications to take exclusive control and to give them priority. Both are ticked and unticking either fudges everything though.

EDIT - NVM about ASIO it works now. If you're having the same problem, you need to install your SPDIF drivers, even if W7 can already trasmit sound through your optical/coaxial, they're necessary for ASIO to work.

May 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

WASAPI 2.1 is working but for some reason Windows 7 seems to be incapable of outputing sound to two applications. If I switch on Foobar then that plays fine but flash video and games have no sound. The same if vice-versa.

That's correct and shows it's working. Does the same for me on XP system with ASIO, I cannot play music from two different applications.

You want exclusive mode.

May 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #23 of 25
I dunno, when I was using XP I'm certain I could have foobar music playing, a game running and a flash video open in some browser silmuntaneously and everything would work. That was with ASIO though.

May 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #24 of 25
You can enable this in windows through the audio properties. Unset exclusive mode and don't allow applications to take control of the device. You will get inferior sound quality as a result though.

May 25, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #25 of 25
If I do that with WASAPI set as output I get: "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels" when I try to start playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back