Windows 7 audio a huge step back for me
Dec 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #17 of 24
Did you try the latest version of Foobar? I'm running Windows 7 x64 with ASIO4ALL plugin and it works very well. Does your motherboard have an onboard soundcard? Maybe you can switch to that one just to see if the ASIO will work. That will at least isolate the problem. Good luck!

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're the only one I've seen that thinks Win7 is a step back...

For me, for audio only, it was a step back.

It was great being able to get bitperfect without worry with the Auzentech Prelude. I got tired of the fighting for bitperfect in the past and was super happy when I found the Prelude could do it in all apps with no problems.

Perhaps I have to find a hardware solution that will accomplish the same thing in Windows 7.

Overall I'm digging Win 7 though.

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Zune is bitperfect for me on Windows 7 x64, as is foobar2000 if I use WASAPI or similar outputs. I don't mess with garbage like iTunes.

2. Everything that is played back through DirectSound will go to your default playback device. It will play simultaneously with anything you explicitly path, such as telling Foobar2000 to play over USB and having Winamp play over Toslink.

How did you get WASAPI working in Zune?

I've searched and I can't find any options to enable it in Zune or WMP.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try the latest version of Foobar? I'm running Windows 7 x64 with ASIO4ALL plugin and it works very well. Does your motherboard have an onboard soundcard? Maybe you can switch to that one just to see if the ASIO will work. That will at least isolate the problem. Good luck!

I should perhaps try ASIO4ALL and see if that gives me the option of selecting SPDIF, I haven't tried that in Foobar yet as WASAPI seems to work just fine and has the SPDIF option.

It is kind of cool that I can have WASAPI working in Foobar outputing a bitperfect digital stream, and have another application playing at the same time through the analog output.

Perhaps I should just spend some more time with Foobar on the interface and see if it is better than it used to be. I don't really have time to muck around with it though.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #21 of 24
Nice,
The ASIO4ALL solution seems to work.
That will open up some options. Confirmed bitperfect over SPDIF with MediaMonkey.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you use earlier? The Prelude drivers are **** for Vista too.

On XP everything was good.

I skipped the Vista train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back