Windows 7 and EMU 0404 USB
Dec 9, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #16 of 37
biggrin.gif
Very true.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EMU 0404USB was working flawlessly for me in Vista 64bit SP2, so it should be fine in W7 too. IME, the EMU is a bit sensitive to USB bus I/O and usage, so dedicating a separate USB card might prevent hardware related issues.

I'm afraid that's solved exactly nothing in my situation.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm afraid that's solved exactly nothing in my situation.

ya, i had no problems with the unit in winxp 32 bit.

maybe they changed something with the usb bus i/o drivers or something, iono.
ph34r.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got but haven't installed 64-bit 7 Pro. I'm curious whether E-MU will provide support for my older version of the 1212M (which does fine with 64-bit XP).

Any update? I have the exact same question as the OP.

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #20 of 37
I found that all the feedback I was hearing was caused by a ground loop from the usb wireless network adapter. If I disable the adapter and re-enable it, the ground fixes itself and the static is gone. Look like I'll have to get a HumX to fix the problem.

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #21 of 37
I just installed windows 7 x64, and tried using my emu 0404. It seems to work okay for playback, but it have had trouble getting the microphone input to work with things like ventrilo and skype. Anyway... more to come if i get anything to work.

Dec 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #23 of 37
Ok, so I got the microphone working with programs now. For some reason software only wants to recognize the left mic of the two mics on the 0404. The weird thing is that when i go into sound properties and monitor the mic, the right mic also works... just not with programs for some reason. Donno what the deal is, but it works for my purposes now.

edit: don't want to speak too soon, but my audio isn't popping anymore when I'm running multiple audio programs simultaneously.

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #24 of 37
Sorry to bump this up, but I have the same problem. I have Windows Ultimate x64, and its not working for me. I was using onboard sound with a optical cable to the emu for a while. But I want to start recording again, so I need the usb. I install the drivers, and it seems to work fine, but then I reboot and it doesnt see the Emu. Anyone know the reason for this and/or how to fix it/?

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #25 of 37
I welcome bumping this thread too because I'm trying to get my emu 0404 usb working with Windows 7 64 as well. I have a somewhat different problem though. Sound properties in the windows control panel shows emu "digital output" and also the microphone inputs show up. Neither of those work though.
I was able to get it to work using the windows xp virtual machine but the sound was very stuttered, unsurprisingly.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just because Microsoft made the driver doesn't mean it's good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Normally it does. At least it has a much higher chance of working properly and being bug-free than drivers from any company I can think of.

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #27 of 37
I have a lot of problems with windows7 64bit and the E-MU 0404.

It basically only works simultaneously to record/play only if I let it at 16bit/48kHz, and if I start foobar, there's no sound in the rest of the applications.

If I try and change the recording sample rate to anything other than the 16bit/48khz default, when I click OK the dialog stops responding.

Nov 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #28 of 37
Sorry to resurrect this thread but...
E-MU has recently released Windows 7 USB beta drivers
http://connect.creativelabs.com/emu/default.aspx

I'm anxious to get my E-MU 0404 to work on my window 7 x64 with settings other than 48khz/16bit.
Has anyone tested out these new drivers successfully?  I'm currently getting an error message when trying to install.

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #29 of 37
It installed OK for me, but it wouldn't playback through my JRiver Media Center. Double-checked all settings, etc. So I uninstalled it and went back to the earlier driver.  Now I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back