Windows 7 and EMU 0404 USB
Dec 3, 2009 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

uraflit

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone try this combo? I have heard that some people used it with the 32-bit version and it worked. I have the 64-bit version, can anyone confirm that the drivers work flawlessly?

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 37
I got but haven't installed 64-bit 7 Pro. I'm curious whether E-MU will provide support for my older version of the 1212M (which does fine with 64-bit XP).

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone try this combo? I have heard that some people used it with the 32-bit version and it worked. I have the 64-bit version, can anyone confirm that the drivers work flawlessly?

Thanks!

I've got Windows 7 64 bit and a EMU 0404. The playback works fine, but I haven't tested anything else yet. I'll give you an update when I find out.

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got Windows 7 64 bit and a EMU 0404. The playback works fine, but I haven't tested anything else yet. I'll give you an update when I find out.

thanks man! the playback is like 99% of what i use it for anyways.

happy listening!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks man! the playback is like 99% of what i use it for anyways.

happy listening!
evil_smiley.gif

I tested the rest of the features as well by now. Everything seems to work fine except for the digital out - which I've never been able to get to work for some reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using Windows 7 RC 64 on my desktop, my E-MU 0404 has constant "bus noise." It's completely unusable.... but in Windows XP it works fine.

Odd, I haven't experienced anything like that at all. Are you sure that it isn't a ground loop?

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 37
ground loop should only be between your equipment and the power from what i know.

so, i used the emu 0404 usb thru USB only and had some mixed results. it worked, but there were some garbling/stutters every 10-15s. barely noticeable, but there nonetheless.

i re-installed a chaintech av710 to use optical inputs instead. =[

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could a ground loop be an OS-specific issue?

It may be. I'm not running an EMU 0404, but my usb dac amp formed a nasty ground loop with my Win7 Ultimate 64 PC.

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #11 of 37
Ive noticed 64bit OS users having problems with USB dacs recently in general. It would be great if someone could explain why this is so. My 32 bit install of windows 7 ultimate has been fine so far. No extra noise with any of my dacs compared to vista

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive noticed 64bit OS users having problems with USB dacs recently in general. It would be great if someone could explain why this is so. My 32 bit install of windows 7 ultimate has been fine so far. No extra noise with any of my dacs compared to vista

poor drivers maybe?
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 37
The thing is that most usb dacs don't need drivers. They're PnP.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is that most usb dacs don't need drivers. They're PnP.

Just because Microsoft made the driver doesn't mean it's good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just because Microsoft made the driver doesn't mean it's good.
smily_headphones1.gif

You person!
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back