winamp SSRC
Jan 10, 2003 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 14
Since Peter stopped Winamp development, his page doesn't exist anymore but some files are still there. I think this:

http://www.blorp.com/~peter/zips/out_ds.exe

is the last DirectSound version (2.2) for Winamp 2.x

Jan 10, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 14
cheer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2003 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 14
Wow, I'm impressed with foobar. A crisp and smooth sound.

Jan 12, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 14
Because the difference is not really big. It's a tiny tiny difference. You kinda have to turn up your volume really high and really nitpick on tiny details to make out a difference.

This is what separates audiophiles and the rest of us. We'll say, "yeah, so what? maybe I hear it, but the difference is tiny."

They'll say, "man, you hear that difference? This one blows chunks!"

Jan 12, 2003 at 4:59 AM Post #8 of 14
I've been going insane updating along w/ every release of foobar2000.
biggrin.gif

So far I'm sticking w/ winamp for SSRC (the TOP setting in the ASIO plugin doesn't exist in foobar).

foobar is better for MP3s.

Jan 12, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 14
Try the Ultraplayer. It sounds great to me and apparently use a better decoder than Winamp.

Jan 12, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
Because the difference is not really big. It's a tiny tiny difference. You kinda have to turn up your volume really high and really nitpick on tiny details to make out a difference.

I don't know about this I guess it depends on the file format. To me the difference is quite noticable with MP3s. Percussions are definitly clearer. I think foobar is less "muddy". I havn't done much comparision w/ APE files but I will soon as I rip some more of my CDs.

Quote:

Originally posted by msjjr
Try the Ultraplayer. It sounds great to me and apparently use a better decoder than Winamp.

You mean the MP3 decoder? Because there are other decoders for each format.

Jan 12, 2003 at 6:13 AM Post #12 of 14
Yes, the mp3 decoder.

Jan 12, 2003 at 9:39 AM Post #13 of 14
Ian: Yeah, I've also noticed that, especially with percussion. I was just noting that the average listener wouldn't be so discerning.

Jan 12, 2003 at 7:33 PM Post #14 of 14
does anyone know the link to peters latest waveout ssrc plugin for winamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back