Win a SUSVARA
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #451 of 798
Thanks to Hifiman for this competition and for creating the SUSVARA. I'm in!

Though in this hobby for just 4 years, Hifiman has always been the sound I gravitate towards; in fact, my first planar was the screwed-on HE400i and I have tried almost all Hifimans. I love Hifiman's balanced tonality and am impressed by the speed, resolution and staging. I wish I could afford the HEK :frowning2: Winning the SUSVARA would be a dream come true for me.

May 27, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #453 of 798
800421A4637_zpsxeet8bf7.jpg

To celebrate the launch of the new pinnacle of Planar Magnetic headphone technology, the SUSVARA, we have decided that one lucky individual out there can have one for free. Well, almost for free. What we want is a line or two telling us why you want a SUSVARA? Nothing complicated, tell us why you want it and / or why we should give it to you. Just post your answer.

800421A4624_zpsmq5rrwie.jpg

*The competition is open from now until the end of Sunday, June 11th 2017. HIFIMAN will reserve the right to use all and any entry submissions as we see fit. Our decisions are final. The prize cannot be substituted and HIFIMAN shall bare no responsibility nor liability for any applicable Customs fees, charges or any other financial liability as a result of the offer of the prize.

May 27, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #454 of 798
I usually get home late after a long, stressful workday. It is too late to play the stereo - the walls are very thin in my apartment building. Having a great pair of headphones to help me unwind and help me get ready for bed would be really nice.

May 27, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #455 of 798
I have always loved headphones, but all I had been exposed to was essentially what Best Buy had to offer. I was fairly pleased with what I heard from Bose and Beats, but you don't know what you don't know right?!? A friend of mine laughed one day when I proudly showed off my Beats to him. He let me listen to his HE560 and my mind was blown. I was new to hifi headphones and didn't even have the vocabulary to express the amazing sound I was hearing. I was hooked.

Within the next few months I tried every quality headphone I could, but something about the Hifiman sound kept me coming back. I finally had a chance to try the HE1000 and I knew right then and there that it was my end game. In fact I tried many other company's totl headphones after that, but none ever sounded as good to me as the HE1000. I spent the next 6 months saving to pay for a pair of headphones I really couldn't afford. I am now a proud owner of the HE1000 v2 and don't have a regret in the world! It's like they were tuned for MY ears!

I'm planning my wedding and future with my fiancé and won't be able to justify the price tag of the Susvara... but if the Susvara fell into my hands I can only imagine I would be in absolute audio nirvana and may never return!!!!!

Thanks Hifiman for bringing my ears endless enjoyment and an escape when it's needed most :)

May 27, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #456 of 798
I've owned couple of Hifiman products and am interested in trying the newest it has to offer. Really looking forward to the chance of having another headphone to compliment my iems and studio monitors.

May 27, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #457 of 798
The Susvara may very well be the pinnacle of what a Chinese company can do when they pour their soul into their work. Even past all of the unfair treatment, the brilliant engineers at Hifiman still keep innovating, undeterred by naysayers. Keep on moving the bar higher, Fang, and keep setting an example for all of China to follow as they become increasingly relevant in all corners of the world.

I am just glad for the chance being given to me to win what may be the biggest headphone release for years to come, and wish everyone luck!

May 27, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #458 of 798
Because I had the HE500, upgraded to the HE6 and think it can't any better and want to be proven wrong.

May 28, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #461 of 798
I would like a chance to win the Susvara.

Though I know I was one that didn't give such a positive review from an earlier listening session, I will admit that it was in somewhat noisy conditions and I may not have given it a fair chance.

I would be happy to be proven wrong. The HE1000 V2 that I own sounds quite good, and it would be interesting to see how the Susvara improves upon that.

May 28, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #462 of 798
Because I will pay forward the act of kindness to two other audiophiles who I feel will pay forward the act of kindness to two more ........and you will be responsible for making the world a better place for all music lovers.

May 28, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #464 of 798
Well, simply put, as any other headphone guy in the hobby, it would be nice to have a TOTL headphone sometime in your life. Just an old time HD600 owner passing by, sharing some passion for this crazy yet awesome hobby.

May 28, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #465 of 798
I want a Susvara because in my audio journey I have lost way more than $6K and yet, have not reached a headphone that is truly satisfying and end-game for me. Getting a Susvara would recoup a significant portion of my lost money and it may just be the one to end my journey.

P.S. I had a HE-500 and really loved its sound. Would very much love to hear what the best of HiFiMAN can offer! :gs1000smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back