Win a FREE set of UE-10's and help name our newest product
Aug 4, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #61 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
My one and only submission was:

super.fi TRUE (or TrUE)

...derived from TRIPLE and UE.

In addition, the name strongly suggests at truthful sonic reproduction.

I initially wanted it to be true.fi but I read the rules again and it had to be within the super.fi family...

Anyway. I think it's cool...
tongue.gif

I really like this one. I'd never admit that I like it more than my own entries, but . . .

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #63 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
I didn't see this in time to submit a list o' possible christeners, but I suppose it's just as well. It seems unlikely they'd warm to suggestions like "Triple Five Tinnitus" or "Cochlea the Innertainer."

LOL!!!!

Aug 4, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #64 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron-xp
The Super fi. X-1, breaking new sound barriers.
Doesn't that sound like a winner?

Ooh! Very nice!

(Large plane with lots of sharp points doesn't seem to be too comfortable when placed in ear, though!
tongue.gif
)

Aug 5, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #65 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspectorGadget
Got this Email today

Subjectline: Ultimate Ears....and the Winner is.....

Thank you for all of your help
Hello everyone - Thank you all for participating in our contest to help rename the Triple X. We are currently reviewing all of the submissions -- we received over 1300 -- and we will be announcing the winner shortly. During that time, we will also provide the electronic coupon as well as instructions on how to sign up for our invitation-only presale. We will start shipping our limited edition Ultimate Ears CD next week. Let us know what you think. It gets spun on heavy rotation here in the lab. Once again - thank you all for being part of our community.

Sincerely,

The Ultimate Ears Team

Guess that means they dont need anymore entries?

Not sure....Good luck to us all!

Tim

Hmmm.....I never got that email.

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #66 of 312
Well i think it's time to reveal mine...
Super.fi 10.1 (more than 10/10)
Super.fi prosumer (pretty crap)
and super.fi az or a-z (hear everything)
wink.gif

I'm rootin for 10.1 GOOO 10.1 RUN LIKE THE WIND!!! (grab that 10pro on the way!)

Aug 5, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #67 of 312
Quote:

Thank you for all of your help
Hello everyone - Thank you all for participating in our contest to help rename the Triple X. We are currently reviewing all of the submissions -- we received over 1300 -- and we will be announcing the winner shortly. During that time, we will also provide the electronic coupon as well as instructions on how to sign up for our invitation-only presale. We will start shipping our limited edition Ultimate Ears CD next week. Let us know what you think. It gets spun on heavy rotation here in the lab. Once again - thank you all for being part of our community.

Sincerely,

The Ultimate Ears Team

1300 submissions. I wonder how many were duplicates.

Aug 5, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #68 of 312
exactly - i thought folks would think of Trifecta so i scrapped it and went with the Triple Deke. however, i have a feeling it's not worth the hassle to get the rights from Disney on that one
k1000smile.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #69 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
Ooh! Very nice!

(Large plane with lots of sharp points doesn't seem to be too comfortable when placed in ear, though!
tongue.gif
)

Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Imagine it, UE can continue to use it, all the way till X-(any number).

The tagline would be:
Barriers are meant to be broken.

Wow... :p

Aug 5, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #70 of 312
I also got that email, I hope that is a good sign...

I was thinking about submitting super.fi X3, but I figured that may create some copyright issues, knowing how finicky everyone is with that.

Aditya

Aug 6, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #73 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
I also got that email, I hope that is a good sign...

I was thinking about submitting super.fi X3, but I figured that may create some copyright issues, knowing how finicky everyone is with that.

Aditya

Isn't the X-plane series just some code names? When they eventually became commercial (few did though), some change names (if I don't remember wrongly). Anway, I do hope it was a good enough entry. :p

Aug 6, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #74 of 312
Actually, I was referring to copyright interests with "X-Men 3" or "X3". Seeing how UE is a prominent company in the industry, if they named it that, it wouldn't take long before the copyright people came down on them.

Aditya

Aug 6, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #75 of 312
no email...

assuming that's a bad thing. hah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back