Willie Wonka Remake
Aug 9, 2003 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

penvzila

500+ Head-Fier
A long time ago the rumor was it would be starred in and scored by Marilyn Manson, now today I read that Johnny Depp will star and RICHARD ****ING JAMES will score it WITH ORIGINAL TRACKS!!!. While I don't beleive any of this, I truly wish the latter were true. Does anyone have hard facts on this?

Aug 9, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 17
Oh no, not a REMAKE!!
mad.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #3 of 17
screw you guys! burton is god and can do whatever he wants, and it always comes out at least partially cool.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0367594

i heard christopher walken is playing mr. wonka.. not positive though. i also highly doubt he will use anybody but danny elfman for the soundtrack, since they've worked together on every movie burton has ever directed. i wouldn't be suprised if johnny depp was in it, as burton seems to enjoy using him in various films.

[size=xx-small][edit]: post now rated pg-13[/size]

Aug 9, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 17
I love Willa Wonka! Damnit!

Aug 9, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
screw you guys! burton is god and can do whatever he wants, and it always comes out at least partially cool.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0367594

i heard christopher walken is playing mr. wonka.. not positive though. i also highly doubt he will use anybody but danny elfman for the soundtrack, since they've worked together on every movie burton has ever directed. i wouldn't be suprised if johnny depp was in it, as burton seems to enjoy using him in various films.

[size=xx-small][edit]: post now rated pg-13[/size]

Hell, anyone mentioned in that thread would be awesome. Harvey Fierstein!. YES!

Aug 9, 2003 at 5:57 AM Post #9 of 17
I just hope this doesn't turn out like planet of the apes
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
I just hope this doesn't turn out like planet of the apes
rolleyes.gif

Did they remake Planet of the Apes?

I'm with KR... , I hate remakes.
I liked the original Willie Wonka, I hope this remake never gets finished.

Aug 9, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #12 of 17
cont w/ot, There are a few outstanding remakes that come to mind. I'm sure there are more.

cool.gif

Seven Samurai / The Magnificent Seven
Yojimbo / A Fistful of Dollars
Stray Dog / Seven (Stuartr's theory..., makes sense to me)

edit: sp

Aug 9, 2003 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 17
Keep in mind it was a book first. It may not be a film remake at all. Just because there's a film version, doesn't make every other one after a remake of the first. Same source/likely similar story. Often directors put the authors name in the title, etc. to distance their vision from that of earlier adaptors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back