Will USB A to USB C work for playback?
Sep 27, 2020 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Sherman

New Head-Fier
I'm wondering if I can use a a USB - C (to the my FIIO M6) to a USB - A (to my Peachtree USB) cable to play music?

This would better for me than using RCA to headphone jack option as I only have one RCA out on the amp. and I use it for other devices.

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 13
No, FIIO M6' USB-C output can only be used to charge the device or connect to a PC to act as a standalone DAC or transfer files/songs. The 3.5 output is for standard use in PO for earphones/headphones or in DAC mode to connect TO an AMP.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 13
The M6 supports digital audio output through the USB-C port, so I don't know why this wouldn't work

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 13
Sorry, I think I misread your comment. The M6 can be used in "vehicle mode" in the drop-down menu and brings up the FIIO app which plays music as soon as you connect the usb-c

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 13
Now I'm just confused. So I can use it via a USB cable to my Peachtree integrated? It turns out it's not that big of a deal because I can connect my bluetooth receiver via coax and then use the RCAs to connect to the M6. The only issue is what DAC I want to operate -- the RCA jacks will have whatever is connected using its own DAC and the other outputs on the amp (USB - B, optical, Coax) will run through the Peachtrees internal DAC.

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #7 of 13
Now I'm just confused. So I can use it via a USB cable to my Peachtree integrated? It turns out it's not that big of a deal because I can connect my bluetooth receiver via coax and then use the RCAs to connect to the M6. The only issue is what DAC I want to operate -- the RCA jacks will have whatever is connected using its own DAC and the other outputs on the amp (USB - B, optical, Coax) will run through the Peachtrees internal DAC.

If you connect the M6 via the USB-C port to the USB input on the Peachtree, it should output digital audio to the Peachtree's internal DAC. I haven't used the M6 with the Peachtree, but I've tried it with 2 other DACs and it worked without issue, so it should work. The other person who responded and said the USB-C on the M6 can only be used for charging, file transfer or as a DAC itself is wrong, the USB-C on the M6 is two-way, it can do digital in or digital out.

The M6 can also act as a Bluetooth receiver itself if you want.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #12 of 13
Well, it doesn't seem to work. USB - B in Peachtree to USB-C in M6. I tried changing various settings and restarting the M6, but no signal seems to come through whatsoever. I went back to RCA to jack and that works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back