Will this garbage Senn HD555 give bass like a Grado after it gets burn in?
Nov 14, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #61 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember saying that, John?

Yes this is true the HD555 was a tremendous upgrade from the JBL.

But eevryone here says the HD555 was crap so I automatically it was crap compared to the Grado.

Everyone says grado is a million times better. And senns is crap. so I just assumed this was true.
regular_smile .gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #62 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But eevryone here says the HD555 was crap so I automatically it was crap compared to the Grado.

Everyone says grado is a million times better. And senns is crap. so I just assumed this was true.
regular_smile .gif

Err, so this whole thread was based on what? Your assumptions of the HD 555, being crap compared to the Grados, which was something that "everyone" says here? I'm seriously baffled. I believe there is a sizeable group of Head-Fiers who like the Senns over the Grados.

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #63 of 104
I don't understand this thread.
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #64 of 104
John there is no headphone that will make you happy. Not a one I know of will vibrate your head on bass notes. That is your frame of reference for great bass, and it only exists in dynamic speakers, specifically car audio and home theater.

You may as well change what you are looking for, or stop looking at anything above $75. Above that price point manufacturers want to make pleasant headphones, not tesla machines with frequency responses like foothills.

Skullcandy makes a pair of headphones with amplified subs. I think some gaming headphones do too. That's what you want to look for, not what these people are telling you.

When you want less bass than the Sennheisers, come on back.

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #65 of 104
Ah, I think I get it now, I just took a peek at the threads started by john about the HD 555, and the comments.. *facepalm*

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #66 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John there is no headphone that will make you happy. Not a one I know of will vibrate your head on bass notes. That is your frame of reference for great bass, and it only exists in dynamic speakers, specifically car audio and home theater.

You may as well change what you are looking for, or stop looking at anything above $75. Above that price point manufacturers want to make pleasant headphones, not tesla machines with frequency responses like foothills.

Skullcandy makes a pair of headphones with amplified subs. I think some gaming headphones do too. That's what you want to look for, not what these people are telling you.

When you want less bass than the Sennheisers, come on back.

Aah best response I got on this thread.

Infact this was the only educated response I got in this entire thread.

My bro has the skull candy ear buds and damn it got bass I can only imagine the actual full size headphones they make.

But I think I am gonna be satisfied with my Hd555 for now i do use them for gaming also and lets face it they are far more comfortable than any grado.

I think I am liking them a lot now playing bioshock here and I am impressed with their bass response. They do shine in their own way and they do music quite nice its an all round headphone good for everything.

I think I now realize now that these are totally worth the money.

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #67 of 104
Multiple Personality disorder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed the HD555 is remarkably impressive. Infact I heard car audio that cannot compare to these cans.

Plus the vocals on these HD555 is so impressive its like the singer is right here. Its like I am in the studio or something. I admit the bass may not be the best in the world but I heard Pioneer champion series 15" Car audio subs 2000 RMS.

And the HD555 actually sound better than them. Infact the bass on the HD555 goes lower and deeper.

So seriously I highly doubt I made a bad purchase here I love these cans besides its twice the price of the grado SR80 is so since I got 50% off on the HD555 on Amazon I said what the heck why not.

In any event even though it may play movies good it can handle music extremely incredible. Heck I even heard Klipsch Home audio that cost 7 times the price that cannot compare to these cans.

or maybe 2 people are sharing one account?

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #68 of 104
At this rate, if you're still judging mainly on the bass quantity, then I guess the slums of Skullcandy are for you....

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #69 of 104
haha after reading the first post i was going to recommend him skullcandy but looks like you guys beat me to it fits his love for looks and bloated bass

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #70 of 104
I'm abhorred by the fact that I've now seen somebody recommend a skullcandy product here at Head-Fi ..it's just, mortifying.
I need to wash my eyes, *oh no*, *skullcandy recommendation*, *it won't rinse off of my retinae*, *nooooooo!*
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #71 of 104
This is the reason i avoided 595s and went for my ultrasones as so many people reported them lacking in bass ,i couldnt do without the bass that is supposed to be in the recording ,thats like a car with the doors missing to me how can a classical or jazz recording sound good with quality bass missing

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #72 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the reason i avoided 595s and went for my ultrasones as so many people reported them lacking in bass ,i couldnt do without the bass that is supposed to be in the recording ,thats like a car with the doors missing to me how can a classical or jazz recording sound good with quality bass missing

Well in my opinion, the bass isn't THAT lacking, you only notice the "lack" with ultrabasshead music like the stuff you would use to knock your neighbour's paintings off the walls by playing it from your speakersystem.

Surely the bass guitars and other instruments in music like jazz aren't as well pronounced or as full as with some highend flagship headphones, but in no way are they not there, I've enjoyed alot of bass guitars and cellos with the HD 555 and 595.

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #73 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaawa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well in my opinion, the bass isn't THAT lacking, you only notice the "lack" with ultrabasshead music like the stuff you would use to knock your neighbour's paintings off the walls by playing it from your speakersystem.

Only if by ultrabasshead music you meant rock, trance, pop, metal, jazz....or any other genre which uses drums.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #74 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only if by ultrabasshead music you meant rock, trance, pop, metal, jazz....or any other genre which uses drums.

Naw, what if I mean that the neighbour is living 1 kilometer away?
biggrin.gif

So by "ultrabasshead" stuff I mean the 12" subwoofermusic in cars, stuff with ridiculous amounts of bass, usually not from real instruments.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #75 of 104
John, I think the headphones might be changing on you now. It was crap at first... no bass then... bioshock has great bass using the 555s...

Believe in burn in because that is what happened to me with the 555s. The bass turned from nothing below 100hz to full bodied and rich within 50 hours of use

........To the burn in debaters, I'm putting on my flamesuit because I'm tired of the neverending burn-in debate. I just want to help the guy out by telling him what I feel is going on
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back