Will there still be an "audiophile headphones" in the future?
Feb 6, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #16 of 34
What about brain jitter? I hope there's no jitter. Am I going to need a CNC machined aircraft aluminum helmet to get rid of it?

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #17 of 34
I'll let Skullcandy install the pair in my head, because, you know, their products are known to last, and sound GOOD
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #18 of 34
Do you think we will all in the future be able to agree upon one sound signature is the best? Talk about utopia so I am not to worried about the headphone market shrinking like that
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #19 of 34
I very much doubt any future free Apple earbuds will sound a lot better than a "Sennheiser HD800 with the best amplifier in the world".
So Yes, I think there will be a market for "audiophile headphones" in the future.

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #20 of 34
Sure, there is still a huge gap between HD800 and live concerts.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Until they make some sort of implant that allows you to relive concerts
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If a normal pair of free apple earbuds in the future sounds a lot better than the sennheiser HD 800 with the best amplifier in the world, will there be any point in making an "audiophile headphones" products in the future?

If it could be done, they'd have done it by now.

And if they were able to do it, then full size headphones would therefore also be able to sound a lot better.

Quote:

I'm glad to hear it; I've been to plenty of **** sounding live concerts.

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

I don´t care much for live recordings... (Live DVD is a different story) Live event is about the overall feeling, mere sound will never catch it anyway.

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #24 of 34
I think in the future, cars will fly

and you'll be able to throw your dog on a treadmill outside of your sky high apartment and everyone will constantly video chat instead of making simple phone calls ... we decided long before then that privacy is no longer valued

i like robots!

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #25 of 34
lol thats not happening in our life time

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A job I would love to be paid for: futurist.

Michio Kaku in one of his books said it is the most difficult job in the world. Predicting of what might come in the future just on the basis of what we have now.

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #28 of 34
there is a point where hardware (in its present form) stops to evolve. when headphones reproduces music 1:1 , then new technology and new software comes in. i imagine Apple releasing some programs that alows you to choose what row you want to sit in a concert or even change location to feel yourself drummer

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #29 of 34
I don't believe there will ever be audiophile quality earbuds bundled with mp3 players simply because there is money to be made selling higher grade accessories. Even apple would not bundle high quality buds with ipods, and would rather sell it as an accessory. Besides, many people cannot tell the difference between a good pair and a bad pair of headphones then why include good headphones? A lot of friends I know buy the mp3 player and don't complain about the sound from the included earbuds. I doubt many people even complain about the quality of included earbuds. Say a company included high end earbuds, most people who buy mp3 players don't buy it for the sound but rather the player functionality itself. There's no real motivation to improve the sound of bundled earbuds.

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #30 of 34
by that point, surgery will be required to implant some sound device direct into your head so sound quality is the best possible

then generations later, emotional responses and feelings will be enhanced, enhanced experiences in music. That seems like the pinnacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back