Will the ie8 ever go wireless?
May 5, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 12
exactly as was told you above. you need to access the senn connectors; I belive they are the same pitch as the regular senns, so you may be able to modify the housing on a cardas senn connector to fit. this is not a beginners DIY project though and IMO not worth the trouble as wireless is generally inferior to wired connection; so you would take a quality hit in the process.

May 6, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 12
Someone here has done so before with a UE cable on his/her wireless Sleek Kleer, and another replaced the stock bud from his DigiFi Opera S1 with a Sennheiser CX 300.

Wireless Earbuds for iPod™ | $98 USD | Purchase DigiFi Opera Wireless Earbuds ideal for iPod™

You can recable the Kleer module with the IE 8 cord (you can get a replacement cord from Sennheiser (part no: 525719 for 1.2m, 525720 for 0.6m). You will need to get your hands dirty and have good soldering DIY skills, no doubt, but this is the best solution to get a good wireless solution out of the IE 8 until Sennheiser finally open their eyes and recognises a market here and releases their own add-on wireless module.

May 6, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #9 of 12
Wow ... i wonder what the power output on the kleer module is. it looks similar in size to the E3 so it could have decent potential but considering it has to have a reciever in it aswell hmmmm....

May 7, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus_Truthfist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that would be nice be sounds expensive if i have to buy that htc.

Rufus, you wouldn't have to buy that htc. Any Bluetooth V2 compliant audio source like the Cowon iAudio S9 or the Sony NWZA82x series would do. You could even buy a LOD transmitter like this for iPods. As long as it is Buetooth V2.x the SQ would be really good for mobile use. In very quiet surroundings you'd hear a slight hiss, but not on the move.

For a receiver you could get this one (best I've heard so far) or the forementioned Sony HBH-DS220/Nuforce Icon Mobile combination if you want an amp. Btw the nice thing about the Icon is that it also takes the midbass hump out of the IE8.

I have not heard the Kleers but for mobile use I presume there wouldn't be much noticable difference in SQ to high bitrate bluetooth.

May 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #11 of 12
I'm not quite sure what is your wireless transmission source (mp3 player, phone, TV, PC ... etc) but I have IE8 and wireless set-up, so this may be useful to someone. I'm using my wireless set-up for TV/movies watching and listening around the house. Now, what I have is Audioengine W1. As the receiver end is USB powered, you are free to use USB portable power pack. Something like this or even more powerfull option. They are very small units btw and 2200 mAh should power W1 for 8-10 hours of constant use. Of course, you may plug IEM directly to Audioengine W1 or use amp in between.

I'm not sure if it's OK with you to have a bit of portable "bulk" compared to rarther miniature Sleek audio solution, but I'm quite positive that this solution will give superior sound quality and pretty much not comparable to Bluetooth V2.0 EDR in any sense. W1 sound quality is simply impeccable for wireless transmission. There are many reviews around for Audioengine W1. Take a look.

Also, another plus for Audioengine W1 is that sender unit is USB DAC too! ... so effectively it's sound card if plugged to a PC. I've tested this and DAC quality is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back