Will the Grado GS1000 earpads fit on the RS1i?
Jun 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 5
they should fit, probably improves comfort, but I haven't heard much good soundwise. try searching for 'donut' and 'rsi', that should give you some info.

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes. But I didn't like the sound at all. It's like it de-RS1'd my RS1's ... the energy, snap and presence were gone. I keep the GS1K pads on the GS1K's and the RS1's bowls on the RS1's ... it's a happy arrangement and it works.

Experiment, though ... maybe you'll like it.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks very much for this info. The GS1000 pads are £50 in the UK - a bit too much to experiment with. The diminished sound quality - losing the energy and presence - is a pity - those qualities are exactly what I prize in my RS1is. Their stock earpads are a little uncomfortable and I wondered if the GS1000 pads might be an improvement.

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidc2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks very much for this info. The GS1000 pads are £50 in the UK - a bit too much to experiment with. The diminished sound quality - losing the energy and presence - is a pity - those qualities are exactly what I prize in my RS1is. Their stock earpads are a little uncomfortable and I wondered if the GS1000 pads might be an improvement.

The GS1K pads keep the driver about 1 inch or more away from your ear ... that's what kills the RS1's magic.

They work well with the GS1K's, strangely enough ... and I have to say the inverse is also true, that the standard RS1 bowls sound like crap on my GS1K's ...

Strange voodoo they're brewing up in NYC ... but it works for me.

wink.gif

BTW: the GS1K pads are a million times more comfortable than the RS1 bowls ... most comfortable headphone I've ever worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back