will the bass boost from my e11 amp make my beyerdynamic dt150's sound muddy.
Jan 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 11

Quote:
If it would make them sound muddy or take away from the mids/vocals would the zo2 amp be a better alternative?

I have the e5 and e17. From what i know of fiio. And my initial feeling of u as an starter head fier. I would sy no. Their bass boost is extremely preferable. And while it does darken the other drequncies a bit. Nothing big. Heck me even saying it gets changed might scare u off. Dont be. Ive heard many love and sob stoires from the zo2 it is anovelty amp that requires another driving amp(for bigger headphones). Thats what i know of it. Nothing else. Unless someone has the two amps. We cant say

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 11
I  Have not heard or owned the zo or zo2 so I can't comment sorry.

Might be good to list your player and the type of music you listen to also.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 11
I  Have not heard or owned the zo or zo2 so I can't comment sorry.

Might be good to list your player and the type of music you listen to also.

I'm going to be using an iPod touch 4g and I listen to mostly rap like the Wu tang Clan, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Nas, and Gift of Gab. I also listen to some more synthesizer heavy rap like the Chronic. 99% of my music is at 320 kbps.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
I'm going to be using an iPod touch 4g and I listen to mostly rap like the Wu tang clan, Gift of Gab, Nas, and Rakim. I also listen to some more synthesizer heavy rap like the Chronic.

i love the bass boost on my E17 and i listen to hip hop and mainstream rap. just love it. like the other guy says. it's noticeable and not hard to hear that the bass isn't as tight and some other frequencies get a bit darker..but for me.. the enjoyment cancells that out by the long shot.. and realy.. the headphones are still pretty clear :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back