Will portable audio ever get good?
Jan 15, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
I bought one of the 25S units on ebay and it was delivered a couple of days ago. Wow! It was like opening a time capsule in a way. It is brand new, in the Sony box, and even has that new smell.

Yours came in a Sony box?? Mine was bare, wrapped in bubble tape and styrofoam with a piece of cardboard over it--and then crushed by UPS in a torn standard brown cardboard box.

Did everyone else get an "in the box" 25S?

Maybe it's not only UPS screwing me after all.

Kelly

Jan 15, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #32 of 40
Yeah, actually, I bought two units and they both came in a white Sony box.

confused.gif

Jan 15, 2002 at 4:06 AM Post #33 of 40
I purchased two and both arrived nicely packaged in a brown outer box with each unit in its own white Sony box.

Both working well.

Jan 15, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #34 of 40
Yup, i got two 25S model's in a white Sony box.

George

Jan 15, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #35 of 40
glad to see someone noticed
smily_headphones1.gif

Yea, i'm back......school's been killing me as of late, though, and I can't honestly say I'm gonna be able to get back my #1 poster status...ever.......ah well.

A chapter in the head-fi book of "#1s" has closed......never again will a poster such as myself roam these forums as vij once did.......

UNTIL THE SUMMER!
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2002 at 5:05 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Mine was bare, wrapped in bubble tape

Am I the only one who finds this ammusing?
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #37 of 40
Well on the bright side if Silicon Salvage doesn't make good, I think I have a rightful claim to take it up with ebay. Apparently the auction was for new old stock for everyone but me.

Kelly

...I sure hope my order from Jan comes out better than this one.
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2002 at 8:44 AM Post #38 of 40
Kelly, what might have happened is that the package was damaged so badly by UPS, that they just threw together whatever they could find and stuffed it in the box (I've seen it happen). Mine came with bubble wrap in the box, but both of mine were in excellent condition and in the white Sony box. I work for UPS, and unfortunately I see stuff get damaged every day. We ship an average of 13 million packages a day, and some do get damaged, for one reason or another. Every UPS package is automatically insured for $100, so you should be able to get your money back from them.

-Keith

Jan 15, 2002 at 1:02 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by meithkiller
Kelly, what might have happened is that the package was damaged so badly by UPS, that they just threw together whatever they could find and stuffed it in the box (I've seen it happen).

-Keith

haven't got my second, but no sony box for the first. taped into a white styro carrier, peanuts, and a well taped packing box. as i said, it's not perfect, but i'm whipping it into shape. SS does say, "unit only", and since they were manufactured, as the story goes, for one or more airlines, not civilians, i wasn't expecting anything but the unit.

toodles,
robert

Jan 15, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by robert

haven't got my second, but no sony box for the first. taped into a white styro carrier, peanuts, and a well taped packing box. as i said, it's not perfect, but i'm whipping it into shape. SS does say, "unit only", and since they were manufactured, as the story goes, for one or more airlines, not civilians, i wasn't expecting anything but the unit.

toodles,
robert

That shouldn't be so acceptable. The units are being sold as new old stock--New to me means it should include the original packaging, which in this case means a generic white Sony box with black ink.

If it was originally sold as a bare drive, a bare drive would be acceptable. Usually bare drives that are sold are wrapped very tight with very thick bubble wrap--quite different than what was left of the package that arrived from UPS. This looked more like something you'd ship back to the factory because it was FUBAR, and it was.

It made me wonder if some of the returned units you guys have had to send back are being sent to other customers as new and that since the boxes were perhaps not in good condition after being shipped back and forth and opened a couple of times, they were being left out of the shipment (since most customers don't have the luxury of knowing what other customers received).

Still waiting for reply from Silicon Salvage.

Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back