Will order 555 or 595 today, HELP ME DECIDE!!!
Jul 10, 2006 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

davve

100+ Head-Fier
Can't make up my mind wich i will buy! going crazy!.
Im gonna use the cans to my computer (direct connected to the soundcard) and in my living room. In my living room i have a reciver ONKYO TX-SR600E. , Planing to get in the future an amp, the Little dot 2 tube or little dot micro+. Wich of the two cans sounds smoothest, natrual, warm, well balenced and pleasent sound. I listen on much rock, Led zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, and hard rock. Some reggae too, and pop music.

Jul 10, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 36
I suggest you get the HD595, since they're the same thing but better anyway. If you get the 555s then you'll always be wondering what the 595s are like, and end up buying them eventually. And plus, the 595s come with the funky stand

Jul 10, 2006 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by davve
Can't make up my mind wich i will buy! going crazy!.
Im gonna use the cans to my computer (direct connected to the soundcard) and in my living room. In my living room i have a reciver ONKYO TX-SR600E. , Planing to get in the future an amp, the Little dot 2 tube or little dot micro+. Wich of the two cans sounds smoothest, natrual, warm, well balenced and pleasent sound. I listen on much rock, Led zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, and hard rock. Some reggae too, and pop music.

the 595 is easier to drive without an amp. I'd say you go for the 595 and then and amp later. However, do keep in mind that the 595 sounds more forward than the 555, but yet still retains the sennheiser's laidback signature.

Good Luck
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. If it's a major disappointment you can start a new thread with the title "1st Biggest Dissappointment"
eggosmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
(joking)

Jul 10, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 36
[size=x-large]Sennheiser HD595[/size]

I prefer the senn hd595 over several well regarded headphones such as the sennheiser hd650, akg k701 and beyer dt880. The 595 sounds great with tubes or solid state and is extremely comfortable.

Jul 10, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 36
Whatever you do don't buy the grado125's instead of the 595's. I did and I regret it, not the Grado sound but the senn's are like wrapping your ears in silk, where as the Grado are like having a hedgehog strapped to each side of your head.

Please buy the 595’s

Jul 10, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73
the senn's are like wrapping your ears in silk, where as the Grado are like having a hedgehog strapped to each side of your head.

biggrin.gif

another great quote suitable for use in signatures

Jul 10, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 36
HD595 Magic Red!

Jul 10, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #10 of 36
I will go for the 595, thanks for the help!
Does the LD2 increase the Distortion if connect it to my soundcard?
noises like schhhhhhhhhhhh

Jul 10, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73
Whatever you do don't buy the grado125's instead of the 595's. I did and I regret it, not the Grado sound but the senn's are like wrapping your ears in silk, where as the Grado are like having a hedgehog strapped to each side of your head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
biggrin.gif

another great quote suitable for use in signatures

Lol, yes!
GradoPain.jpg

Jul 10, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 36
I can't believe the hype about these cans - how about c - none of the above ?

Oh, you already decided, woops, oh well. If you like that artificial sound, you'll really dig them!
wink.gif

I'd have said a900, akg240s, ms1, a lot of cans do better than the hd595. I hope the guys using this as their reference set get to hear some alternatives sometime. It's not the way music was ment to be heard.

Jul 10, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #13 of 36
The HD595 is better choice. I think it is worth $70 more. I tried the HD555, it is ok. I guess if you want to save money then the sound is good, but if you compare them, there is no contest. It's up to you, mid-end or high-end? Don't listen to other posts saying the 555 sounds better on certain things compared to the 595, it doesn't. It beat it in every way with different types of music and movies I played on them.

Jul 10, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #14 of 36
--- double post ----

Jul 10, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
I can't believe the hype about these cans - how about c - none of the above ?

Oh, you already decided, woops, oh well. If you like that artificial sound, you'll really dig them!
wink.gif

I'd have said a900, akg240s, ms1, a lot of cans do better than the hd595. I hope the guys using this as their reference set get to hear some alternatives sometime. It's not the way music was ment to be heard.

*sigh* everyone has different ears. Your ears, your opinion. I don't find them to be artificial sounding at all. There's no call to claim that everyone that likes them simply hasn't heard any better. Many have heard comparable (or supposedly superior) alternatives and still like/prefer them.

Ant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back