Will Klipsch tips fit the PFE?
Mar 13, 2010 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

razmalai

New Head-Fier
Not confident about this possibility because I heard Klipsch tips run small, but have heard they are really nice tips and can provide good isolation.

May even buy Klipsch Custom 1 at 39.99 just to get a set of tips if they fit the PFE's, which are great but isolation with these is not optimal for me so far.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 7
Why don't you ask if any hi-fi'ers would give/trade/sell you some klipsch tips?

The klipsch tips should be able to fit--I can get them on my MTPC, which quite a bit of stretching. The PFE nozzle is slightly smaller than the MTP, but larger than the klipsch nozzle, so no problem. They will probably have a minor effect on the sound, but all tips change the sound in one way or another.

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you ask if any hi-fi'ers would give/trade/sell you some klipsch tips?

The klipsch tips should be able to fit--I can get them on my MTPC, which quite a bit of stretching. The PFE nozzle is slightly smaller than the MTP, but larger than the klipsch nozzle, so no problem. They will probably have a minor effect on the sound, but all tips change the sound in one way or another.

Wow, you managed to get klipsch tips on the coppers, i'll give it a try ,bet it takes some doing though
ksc75smile.gif
!

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 7
The Klipsch tips fit the PFE perfectly and don't come off in the ears when taking the IEM's out. I have a Sony S545 and with the Klipsch tips, a clear bass boost of +1 and black filters, the sound is SUPERB! (I wear them over ear)

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #6 of 7
Ok, so I got my Klipsch Custom-1's in the mail and tried various tips and the isolation is great but painful.

So I tried putting PFE tips on them and the result is great. The difference, I think, is that the nozzle on the Custom-1 is longer than that of the PFE, and the tips really abut the deepest part of the outer ear canal without having to be wedged in.

Now, the PFE nozzle is short and I always find myself trying to push them in further to achieve that abutment and great seal, but the nozzles have been designed to be too short. When I do press them in further, I hear the results of the perfect seal for me, but they just don't stay there.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 7
Yea back when I had the PFEs I got average isolation with them. They weren't too uncomfortable (used the included silicons) but I wasn't getting amazing isolation, maybe 2/3s of what I get now with Comply's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back