Will Headroom start selling STAX & serious monitoring headphones?
Dec 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
Sony CD900ST.. Sony 7509HD.. Beyer 150. Beyer DT48? & Electros...
beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 8
They did sell STAX in the past, if I recall correctly they weren't a big money maker for them and HeadRoom was making a big push for their own balanced dynamic systems. If HeadRoom were to ever make a electrostatic amp it would make sense for them to carry STAX earpeakers or HE Audio. The current STAX brand amps don't live up to the full potential of their earspeakers and it would be hard to compete with Woo Audio, HeadAmp, and Ray Samuels Audio without a statement STAX amp of their own.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 8
There's still a fair bit of interest in the basic models though. The issue is more likely the plethora of readily available vintage models.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no clue, but are a major step up from the 7506. Erik really likes his.

I haven't been able to get along with mine. The bass has been castrated on them. Otherwise, they're surprisingly great. I guess I could use them with some equalizer bass boost.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #8 of 8
Hi All,

Stax was indeed something of a highly specialized and rather low-selling series for HeadRoom and the Stax company went through several odd ownership phases during our stint with them.

The "new" Stax lines are very nicely represented nowadays by our pal Todd the Vinyl Junkie.

Regarding the Sony models, we're on 'em! Unfortunately, most of those are very hard for us to track down right now through our current Sony situation... But we'll definitely keep trying though!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Service & Sales Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back