Will burn in affect UM3X?
Apr 14, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #16 of 33
wow....thanks for the feedbacks
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm probably going to get some olives for my um3x....but i'm not sure if i should get a pack of 10 or just 1 pair...

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #17 of 33
Nope, no burn in. However give your ears some time to adjust the sound; and if you don't like the reduced highs try using silicon tips; comply's are known for shaving off a chunk of treble :/

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #18 of 33
Oh noes...reading these kinds of threads really helps push my wallet off the cliff. Haha
biggrin.gif

I'll definitely get a pair of UM3Xs once Westone releases the detachable cable version of the IEM. Although the highs aren't that spectacular vis-a-vis the TF10s when I tried them out, the stock complys could be blamed for such lackadaisical treble response. But since they're going to include the same eartip accessories in the re-release of the UM3X, I guess more and more people will come to appreciate the IEM's sound quality.

As for burn-in...I think it's more mental and psychological than equipment-based when talking about BA drivers.

biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #19 of 33
having not heard the UM3X with the shure olive, I would recommend the westone silicon tips(I prefer the gray but some prefer the clear ones) that come with all the consumer audio products(W1,2,3) Comfly usually do more harm than good with headphones. About the only headphones I have that I think benefit from the complies are my RE0. With silicon UM3X is super fluid. And mid should never ever be a problem with the UM3X, it's probably the strongest aspect of the UM3X.

Note: Um3x was awful with comply out of the box, I thought about selling it right then and there. Stuck with it, switched to medium gray tip. Currently my favorite phone by a decent margin.

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 33
yeh it seems to take a little time to get used to, but once it clicks its great!

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #21 of 33
wow....so should i get the westone silicon tips or the shure olives?:p
i have auditioned a um3x with the westone grey tips and i felt that they really suited the westone well:p(The mids were so much smoother)
CRAP!!!!!!which one should i get....

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow....so should i get the westone silicon tips or the shure olives?:p
i have auditioned a um3x with the westone grey tips and i felt that they really suited the westone well:p(The mids were so much smoother)
CRAP!!!!!!which one should i get....

have you tried it with shure olive? if not, go for the silicon since you know you love it already. It's pricier but heck, how much did you pay for the UM3X?

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #24 of 33
If you've moved from one IEM to another, your ears and brain will take time to adjust, this can be anything from a couple of hours to several months. Give any IEM time to see if you like it or not!

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE0s are coloured?
i feels that they are one of the most neutral iems i've ever heard

no bass

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #30 of 33
any uk stockists of the silicon tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back