WILL APPLE RELEASE A 240GB iPOD?
Nov 3, 2008 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

davidhunternyc

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that the 160gb iPod is discontinued and Toshiba has come out with a 120gb hard drive (with a 2-platter 240gb capacity), will Apple soon release a 240gb iPod? Rumors abound but if anyone has any real information, please post it here.

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 43
too big for the common consumer...

i have lots of friends that have 30gb ipods that only have 2-4gbs of music...

sigh lol

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too big for the common consumer...

i have lots of friends that have 30gb ipods that only have 2-4gbs of music...

sigh lol

hah! thats like me. i have a 30 gig ZVM but only a little more than 1,000 songs. but i made my decision when i bought my vision M that im always going to build on it to add up music and i wont upgrade my player unless it breaks or something. and so far, its been going good, ive been having no problems with my ZVM at all and i never had the urge or desire to upgrade.

Nov 3, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #7 of 43
I was hoping with this post, that maybe someone might have some kind of evidence about a forthcoming 240gb iPod. Whether we need it, want it, or not, there has to be some information out there. From what I've read on iLounge and other places we might see something in 2009 but I really think it is too premature to tell.

Nov 3, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 43
my view is why would apple release a 240gig ipod? how many ppl actually have that much music? im not saying no one has that much, but just how many ppl would buy the ipod just for the big capacity.

Nov 3, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #9 of 43
Call them up and make a custom order!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #11 of 43
Seems more like there heading towards fazing out the HDD based iPod line, and moving towards flash alone. The 160gb iPod was a bomb, and the 80gb model was the better seller. Why do you think they closed out the 2 and combined it into 1? Once they start w/an iPod having 64gb, the oldstyle is gonna' be like a dinosaur - extinct!!!

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #13 of 43
i don't think that it is impossible as the market grows. ipod started at 5 gb did it not? that was considered to be able to hold all your music collection and did for most people. then the age of downloading exploded and suddenly people who own 80 cd's need 160gb.

it will happen, maybe.

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #14 of 43
If so there is always an after market mod market that would thrive for everyone wanting a larger ipod. If for example it could fit in a classic, then one could pull out their existing hard drive and replace it with the larger one. If any others would take it, mini, video etc same thing!

Tim

Nov 3, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #15 of 43
Probably! But until Apple actually release one we will never know for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back