wiinternet
Feb 2, 2007 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

kyleisgreat

100+ Head-Fier
we just got a wii today, and i have to say im quite impressed.although we haven't gotten any games it's still real fun(the packaged sports are fun). but it's the internet browser i liked best.pages might load a little slow but it's still pretty usable. in fact ive typed this whole message using the wii. tight. i can't wait to get some zelda going on this thing.

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #2 of 26
lol Cool! Hopefully you didn't have to wait in the cold for more than 5 hours to get one (like me).

To me, the Internet on the Wii is so unpolished and awkward...it's not worth it.

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 26
Indeed the wii is great. Except my wii is right next to my computer so there's really no point in using the internet feature to browse the internet. I've kind of slowed down my playing of it, I usually only play excite truck or red steel with my bro now.

and of course, wii sports and zelda rock.

Don't get splinter cell or nfs carbon, i did and I don't like them at all. Tony hawk is decent, not great.

Feb 2, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
femur?

*googles femur

My english vocalibur just increased with one word
tongue.gif

Anyway,back on topic

wiinternet is kinda cool. However I think it's still too inconvenient to stop me from turning on my laptop if I want to surf.

Feb 2, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by USAstrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get splinter cell or nfs carbon, i did and I don't like them at all. Tony hawk is decent, not great.

I am a fan of NFS: Carbon. It kept me entertained for quite a while. There are a few different modes and a bunch of cars to earn that kept me playin. I thought the variety and ability to just drive around to be fun.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeerkaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Typing messages with the wii is a pain in the ..

Yeah it is a pain but atleast you can. Anyone getting a wii needs zelda. It rocks.

*this message typed on a wii*

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #12 of 26
you know now I'll buy a wee for writing a message here wizawee

and maybe for going into internet a lilwee

then I'll sell it in the fs forum inawee

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by USAstrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed the wii is great. Except my wii is right next to my computer so there's really no point in using the internet feature to browse the internet. I've kind of slowed down my playing of it, I usually only play excite truck or red steel with my bro now.

and of course, wii sports and zelda rock.

How's red steel? Its weird... IGN AU gave it 8/10 and IGN US gave it 6/10.... It's impossible to get a solid opinion on it.

Feb 3, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #14 of 26
I also like the Wii internet function, to me I dont need tons of options for online gaming and all that jazz. Its a two hundred and fifty dollar system and does online well for that price. Virtual Console is great, the photo program is fun and can do some cool tricks, and when/if they improve the Mii world thing the opera browser will be more than enough for me. viva la nintendo

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #15 of 26
What I like about the internet on the Wii is that if there's suddenly something quick that I want to look up, I can just switch to the Wii and do it there as opposed to taking the time to go back to my bedroom and boot up the computer. It's great for those incidental things, like looking up movie times or double-checking a route.

I would definitely like to see what are the final features they plan on integrating into Opera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back