WiiM Streamers Mini and Pro
Oct 18, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #136 of 804
I run the WiiM with my Pontus II. I spoke with Alvin got him to order one. This baby seems to sneak under the radar. If one plans to run it into a preferred dedicated dac and going WiFi, I’m thinking any increase in sq would likely be negligible. I like this guys YouTube video as to its simplicity of set up and use.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #137 of 804
I run the WiiM with my Pontus II. I spoke with Alvin got him to order one. This baby seems to sneak under the radar. If one plans to run it into a preferred dedicated dac and going WiFi, I’m thinking any increase in sq would likely be negligible. I like this guys YouTube video as to its simplicity of set up and use.

👍👍 Awesome too bad the Pro hasn't been released. Still looking forward to his thoughts on this guy. Glad you mentioned it too Alvin.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #139 of 804
Can anyone recommend a DAC (with Optical In) to pair with WiiM Mini (now) and WiiM Pro (when released) ?

Under 200$ preferably :)

Oct 25, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #141 of 804
Personally I’m hoping for even better bluetooth codecs in the Pro (WiiM Mini currently supports Bluetooth 5.0, SBC and AAC codec). Hoping for aptX at least.
WiiM confirmed the Pro still only has SBC and AAC. No aptX / HD / Adaptive / Lossless for higher quality bluetooth headphones listening (mine supports aptX Adaptive). Oh well … maybe in Pro V2.

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #144 of 804
Here a new user of Wiim mini, I have it connected to some active monitors via optical and it is fantastic. I was surprised by how easy it is to access the music stored on the PC through the foobar server and to be able to search multiple services through the app.

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #145 of 804
Looks like the pro moved into DVT stage of production on October 20th. Hopefully the wiim tester will receive their units soon.
Hopefully the testing goes smoothly and they can quickly get production underway. There suppose to send me a tester unit so if that happens should have some additional info to share.

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #146 of 804
Looks like the pro moved into DVT stage of production on October 20th. Hopefully the wiim tester will receive their units soon.
Hopefully the testing goes smoothly and they can quickly get production underway. There suppose to send me a tester unit so if that happens should have some additional info to share.
I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts and observations.

Nov 8, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #148 of 804
Thanks for the update, but sadly if they're only in Design Validation and Testing (DVT) stage or just coming out of it, then it could be a while until we see a retail version being shipped out. Looks like they're definitely going to miss out on the Christmas shopping season and could be well after that. After DVT (cycle & temp testing, stress testing and fitment tests.....etc); then the next stage is PVT (Product Validation and Testing: final design for manufacturing, final design for assembly, and then final packaging & out of box experience tests......etc) will all be needed to pass with green lights before retail production can even start. It's actually pretty amazing how fast this is all happening but PVT is the big hurdle and when gremlins can really show their face.

I hope it all goes well and smoothly and looking forward to hearing when you get a unit to test.

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #150 of 804
It's getting closer ; )
WiiM Pro on Amazon
Hehe was just coming here to post that. Been trying to get more info on Pro so far not much luck. Last thing I heard was on October 22 was they added me to the list to send out a test unit.
Last official notice was device has moved into the DVT stage of production on October 20th.
Consider it's suppose to run same software as mini testing shouldn't take long? From there guess it be how fast they can produce devices and ship them to Amazon.
Edit @mr_macgee explain the steps to production much better 2 post back. It sounds like there not going make 4th quarter release?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back