Wifi vs. Ethernet
May 16, 2020 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Deolum

1000+ Head-Fier
What are your experiences on connecting a streamer via Wifi vs connecting via Ethernet?
I've read a lot of posts saying that Wifi is a huge upgrade soundwise however for me ethernet sounds much better.

May 16, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 4
I was curious about this topic myself just a few hours ago. It's uncanny ha. So I run Audirvana over wifi. I don't have an ethernet port to try out wired so i'm not much help as far as the differences however, I came across this article during what little research i've done so far and it's pretty interesting. Seems like another piece of the puzzle that may have a huge impact on the quality. Seems quite a few people have this switch in their chain. Either way, I'd like to hear more myself if anybody would like to share their experience.

The article: https://audiobacon.net/2018/09/28/t...et-cable-the-missing-pieces-of-digital-audio/

May 31, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 4
What are your experiences on connecting a streamer via Wifi vs connecting via Ethernet?
I've read a lot of posts saying that Wifi is a huge upgrade soundwise however for me ethernet sounds much better.

wifi is absolutely a downgrade from an engineering (reality) point of view.

If ethernet sounds better to you then you will probably save yourself many thousands of euros in your audiophile future. Ignore the flat-earth society.

Gold-plated crap is still crap. Simple is good.

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Depends on the implementation, but if you look at top end streamer/dacs from somewhere like dCS, its all ethernet...

I was running an Auralic Aries for quite a few years and i switched from the wifi to ethernet and was much happier as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back