Wife takes me to Willie Nelson Concert for B-day
Sep 21, 2007 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Listen2this1

100+ Head-Fier
On Sept. 19 at 8:00 p.m. I was told by my wife that I would be recieving my birthday present one month early. She was taking me to the Willie Nelson concert at a open air venue. After walking around a while we get to our seats, which happen to be two rows in front of the sound board, Perfect. So the show starts and I start to notice the lack of respect the other concert go-ers have. Me and my wife being 26 you would think our age group would be the one doing this but, this lady in front of us had her cell phone out and in the air, she was letting the person on the other line listen to the concert. By the way she was about 50 years old. During the concert this happens more and more. The view from where I was you could see hundereds of phones out as the night went on.

Other than that the show was perfect. 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, just the stars, and of course my wife at my side.

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On Sept. 19 at 8:00 p.m. I was told by my wife that I would be recieving my birthday present one month early. She was taking me to the Willie Nelson concert at a open air venue. After walking around a while we get to our seats, which happen to be two rows in front of the sound board, Perfect. So the show starts and I start to notice the lack of respect the other concert go-ers have. Me and my wife being 26 you would think our age group would be the one doing this but, this lady in front of us had her cell phone out and in the air, she was letting the person on the other line listen to the concert. By the way she was about 50 years old. During the concert this happens more and more. The view from where I was you could see hundereds of phones out as the night went on.

Horrible. You wonder why they came in the first place. All of this modern behavior will probably get worse before it gets better.

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Unfortunately, poor cellphone etiquette knows absolutely no age barriers. In fact, I find that older (>40yrs) people tend to offend more often than those younger.

Glad you enjoyed the concert. Sounds awesome. I've never seen Willie live. You have a terrific wife, with great taste!

Sep 23, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Nice... youre a lucky man.

reminds me of an incident with my wife. We were driving back to the bay area from LA, she was doing the driving while I was tending to the kids on the road. There was a big grass fire right on the side of the road, an entire hillside was on fire, as cars slowed to a crawl. Other drivers were TOTALLY not paying attention to the road, with their cell phones whipped out and taking pictures.... WHILE DRIVING
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
. I made a comment to my wife to look out for careless drivers... and as I turned to face her, She was one of them!!! I nearly flipped and calmly/politely just told her to do the driving, as I took the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back