Wife is Pregnant... Name for a daughter POLL
Aug 17, 2006 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

luckybaer

Headphoneus Supremus
OK. Of the names listed in the poll, pick the one you like the most.

I am not looking for other names. The names listed are those that my wife and I both like. We've been through the books, we've been through this before for my son, and one of these names will be the one we choose.

I'm just curious to see what the head-fiers think.
icon10.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer
OK. Of the names listed in the poll, pick the one you like the most.

I am not looking for other names. The names listed are those that my wife and I both like. We've been through the books, we've been through this before for my son, and one of these names will be the one we choose.

I'm just curious to see what the head-fiers think.
icon10.gif

There's no names.... make one "Hannah" and it'll get my vote
cool.gif

Edit: Ohhh, there they are... Isabella is a lovely name.

Aug 17, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 52
I have a niece named Sophia so I had to go with that one.

Aug 17, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 52
Out of the four, the only one I haven't seen in heavy rotation is Alexandra. I like that, very classical, and covers the bases in case she's a tomboy. "Hey, Alex! Let's toss the long ball!"

Aug 17, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #5 of 52
I vote Katherine, classy and Kate is nice for short.

Congrats!

Aug 17, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 52
So far, this one is tighter than the name for a son poll. Sophia clings to a slim lead over Alexandra and Isabella. Katherine is still in the hunt as it is very early.

I lost big time with my wife. None of the names that I initially had on my list made the cut:

Samantha
Kaatje (hey, I'm Dutch!)
Erika

I'm happy with the names we agreed upon, though.

Aug 17, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
I vote Katherine, classy and Kate is nice for short.

Congrats!

x2... we named my daughter Katelyn. I call "Kaaaatieeeee!!" (in a mushy daddy's little girl kind of voice) and her eyes light up. Little girls are something else.

Aug 17, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #10 of 52
Depends on the last name. It's gotta flow.

Dutch? Well...

1. Alexandra Van Amstel
2. Isabella Van Amstel
3. Katherine Van Amstel
4. Sophia Van Amstel

Of those choices, I guess 'Katherine'. But I do like 'Kaatje' better
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #11 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
x2... we named my daughter Katelyn. I call "Kaaaatieeeee!!" (in a mushy daddy's little girl kind of voice) and her eyes light up. Little girls are something else.

Like any expecting family, we only want the baby to be 100% healthy when born - just like our son. He was an easy baby to raise.

If it is a boy, I know what to expect. Personality may be different, and that will add spice, but "boys will be boys." lol

If it is a girl... whoa! That intrigues me a lot because I have heard that Dads have special relationships with daughters. I have a great relationship with my son, so it would be nice to have another, different kind of great relationship. I hope she likes to play catch.
wink.gif

Needless to say, I'm happy, anxious, and all mushy and jittery - all at the same time! My wife is definitely taking this better than I am.

Aug 17, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 52
Maybe you should check out this site...it might help if you are considering other names...

NameVoyager
http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/

The Baby Name Wizard's NameVoyager is an interactive portrait of America's name choices. Start with a "sea" of nearly 5000 names. Type a letter, and you'll zoom in to focus on how that initial has been used over the past century. Then type a few more letters, or a name. Each stripe is a timeline of one name, its width reflecting the name's changing popularity. If a name intrigues you, click on its stripe for a closer look.
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
Maybe you should check out this site...it might help if you are considering other names...

NameVoyager
http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/

The Baby Name Wizard's NameVoyager is an interactive portrait of America's name choices. Start with a "sea" of nearly 5000 names. Type a letter, and you'll zoom in to focus on how that initial has been used over the past century. Then type a few more letters, or a name. Each stripe is a timeline of one name, its width reflecting the name's changing popularity. If a name intrigues you, click on its stripe for a closer look.
wink.gif

I've seen that site, and it is really cool. That site, plus the Baby Name Wizard book made a good combo for name searching. I bought the book not even knowing it was related to the site.

Aug 17, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 52
Katherine has so many options for what you'd like to be called, Kat, Kath, Kathy, Katie, Katherine - I voted for that one. I'd also rather be a Katherine than a Kimberly. Yuck.

It's also the name of one of my favorite strong female characters, one that young women can really aspire to. It's only the spelling that's wrong, and from there I'll leave you guys to figure out who I'm talking about.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back