Wife eating headpones :(
Mar 7, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #31 of 48
bsflag.gif
bsflag.gif
bsflag.gif

The wife is fine, it is the Original Poster whom has the issues.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #32 of 48
An older Sennheiser like the 545 say, use the same cable as the HD600 et al. You should be able to find one for not much money. Additionally, the Goldring DR50/DR100/DR150 all have a minijack input on the left earcup so replacement cables for them would be easy peasy and the cable will detach instead of break if it gets yanked too hard.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bsflag.gif
bsflag.gif
bsflag.gif

The wife is fine, it is the Original Poster whom has the issues.

I have issues because of the overwhelming task of headphone repair. I have been reduced to a shell of a man who can only deal with his issues by asking for help from fellow headphone geeks on a forum. Seriously though, I love my wife and will repair as many headphones as it takes.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimndre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have soldered the cord but my soldering iron burned out due to overuse in repairing her headphones.

Ouch
eek.gif

Quote:

The "biggest danger" to the headphones is my wife.

Well, under the shirt should fix most if not all of the problems I would guess; no yanking and no cutting (unless your wife cuts herself often, then steel braid, or even steel hose).
Paintball%20hose.gif

That might let her know there is a problem!

I wear my cables under my shirt when I work outside and when I put my crying baby to sleep (used to do that a lot, he is finally starting to grow out of it thankfully), why listen to a crying baby full dB?

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lose.

Win.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #38 of 48
AKG K450??

They are small, durable, comfortable, have detachable cord and pretty good SQ.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #39 of 48
eat.jpg

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG K450??

They are small, durable, comfortable, have detachable cord and pretty good SQ.

Very Nice! Thanks.
dt880smile.png

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An older Sennheiser like the 545 say, use the same cable as the HD600 et al. You should be able to find one for not much money. Additionally, the Goldring DR50/DR100/DR150 all have a minijack input on the left earcup so replacement cables for them would be easy peasy and the cable will detach instead of break if it gets yanked too hard.

Thanks for the options

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #43 of 48
if she's so hard on headphones, does she absolutley crave sound quality?

i was going to get the sennheiser hd 25 II's

HD_25_SP_II_410px.jpg

because they were near enough indestructible. and if they do end up being destructable, pretty much every part can be replaced, and senn appear to do it no charge - a friend of mine used to have a pair, but he changed them for skullcandys.

i almost beat him lifeless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back