Wife eating headpones :(
Mar 7, 2009 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

jimndre

100+ Head-Fier
My wife can beat up a pair of headphones and render them useless in a month. Not an exaggeration. Mainly she man-handles or should I say women-handles the cords so that they short out. Don't get me wrong. She's great. But I wouldn't lend her any cans. Which brings me to a topic on which I have been doing much research. Since I obviously buy cans for her monthly, I am looking for a better way. Can I buy cans with a detachable cord for her and keep spare cords? Keep in mind she uses them with an Ipod so they have to be efficient. Any other suggestions are welcome, barring wife replacement.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 48
Love the title of this thread. First thing I thought was: "Man, we spend all this time discussing subtle differences in sound, discussing how to tweak our phones, fighting about whether cables or burn-in makes a difference, and this poor guy has to deal with his wife eating his headphones."
o2smile.gif

There are quite a few IEM's, I think, that have detachable cords. They might be pretty expensive, though, for someone who is really hard on phones. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 48
Well the HD800 that u have a pict of as your avatar has a detachable i think, not too efficient though i don't think.
tongue.gif
But changing the cord out would be easy and if she destroys it they are not a limited product so you can just buy another one.
smile_phones.gif

Seriously though, my wife goes thru them quickly to and trashes em, i just get her px100s, they sound great and are easy to drive, the earpads are even replacable if you can track them down online. The cord is not replacable though.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why can't she take care of her own audio needs? Have her pay for them, THAT will do the trick.

When you're married, it pretty much comes out of one pot anyway. At least, I would think that's how most married people would look at it.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you're married, it pretty much comes out of one pot anyway. At least, I would think that's how most married people would look at it.

Man if that was the way my wife looked at it i wouldn't have any headphones, and look at my signiture..
regular_smile .gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah the big ticket items: house, kids' education blah-blah, but I believe Susie Orman avocates separate accounts for personal items. Yer both musicians, OK never mind.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #10 of 48
How about ksc75 with their lifetime warranty?

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #12 of 48
I was thinking about the Porta Pro's. Then I could send them in for repair when necessary. I have to be honest, I steal her Ipod when she's not looking so I want decent sound. I had px100's and px200's and she trashed them both.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #13 of 48
best thread title of the century right there

+1 on KSC75 cheap+lifetime warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back